Activelink supports eligible City of Melville residents of all abilities to participate in sport, recreation, hobbies, and other activities (such as creative art classes, library activities or programs or dance classes) and connect with others in their community. It provides support to those who face financial barriers to participation in the community, and applications are accepted year-round.
Activelink provides vouchers to contribute to the costs associated with accessing community recreation, hobby and leisure acitvities.
- Eligible residents can receive one voucher per financial year for a maximum of $200
- The one year “break” introduced in the 2018-2019 guidelines, will be waived for the 2020-2021 financial year. This means all residents will have the opportunity to re-apply from July 1, 2020 recognising the anticipated need for people to reconnect socially once it is deemed safe to do so.
- Please note that Activelink receives many applications and funding is limited. Eligibility for funding does not guarantee that your application will be successful.
- Please choose activity provider carefully as once issued, vouchers cannot be changed
- Please check with the Activity Provider the terms and conditions of voucher purchase (eg: expiry periods for tickets/passes, etc)
Access an Activelink Easy English Brochure (Screen Reader Accessible)
Applying for ActiveLink
Who Can Apply?
A person applying for Activelink -
- has read and understands the program guidelines (see link below - please advise if you require assistance or the guidelines in an alternative format)
- is a City of Melville resident,
- has not already received Activelink for two years in a row. The one year "break" introduced in the 2018-2019 guidelines, will be waived for the 2020-2021 financial year
- is applying for an activity that is conducted in the City of Melville
- is able to provide proof of low income (eligible Centrelink Card) OR demonstrate exceptional circumstances.
It cannot be used for:
- Equipment (eg: sport shoes, clothing)
- Health/medical services (eg: massage, hydrotherapy)
- Educational tutoring services Activities that occur during school hours or are part of the school curriculum (with effect from 1 July 2019). For more information about financial assistance with school activities, speak to your school or contact Department of Human Services about available family payments on 136 150
- Programs or activities outside the City of Melville
How to Apply
To apply for the 2020-2021 round of Activelink 2020-2021 online (this round will close on 30 June 2021)
Request a hard copy application form - to be posted or picked up from the City of Melville Civic Centre, Willagee or Blue Gum Community Centres.
Applicants can request assistance from Customer Relations staff and Neighbourhood Development Support Officers to complete the form (either online, over the phone or in person).
If successful, vouchers are issued within 15 working days of receipt of application.
Other Available Funding for Individuals
Kidsport - Visit the Department of Local Government, Sport and Cultural Industries Kidsport website or call 9492 9700.
For more information on Activelink please call 1300 635 845 or 9364 0666 or email us at email@example.com.