Activelink supports eligible City of Melville residents of all abilities to participate in sport, recreation, hobbies and other activities (such as creative art classes, library activities or programs or dance classes) and connect with others in their community. It provides support to those who face financial barriers to participation in the community, and applications are accepted year-round.
Activelink encourages greater social participation and aims to improve the health, self-confidence and skills of our residents.
Vouchers are issued to eligible City of Melville residents for approved activities and fees are paid directly to activity providers. Vouchers will only be issued for activities that are located in the City of Melville.
The program is designed to be flexible and responsive to individual needs and circumstances.
Once an application has been submitted it can take up to three weeks to be processed.
Recent Changes to ActiveLink
From 1 July 2018, Activelink will be on a financial year. Applicants can reapply for Activelink for this financial year up to $200 per person and $600 per family and activities must be located in the City of Melville.
Applicants can only apply for Activelink in two consecutive years (takes effect from 2018/19 Financial Year).
Vouchers cannot be requested for clothing/sporting equipment/art supplies/other equipment.
FAQs related to recent changes are provided below.
Why did you make changes to ActiveLink? What are the main changes?
To ensure every application is assessed in the same way and that the City of Melville is responsibly spending its Activelink budget.
To enable more people to apply for assistance, given nearly 20,000 people living in the City of Melville identify as living with a disability.
What has stayed the same?
- Online application form.
- Funds targeted to those most in need through evidence of low income or exceptional circumstances.
- Limit of 2 consecutive years of funding – takes effect from 1 July 2018.
- Maximum of 2 vouchers per financial year – takes effect from 1 July 2018.
- Funding is available for registration or participation fees, not equipment and clothing.
- Applications for activities that can be funded by either Kidsport or Seniors Assistance Fund will not be accepted.
- A young person aged 5 – 18 years who receives Kidsport funding can also apply for Activelink for a different activity.
- Activities must be in the City of Melville
Activelink is only for City of Melville residents.
$200 per person or $600 per family funding limit each year.
Applying for ActiveLink
Who Can Apply?
A person applying for Activelink -
- has read and understands the program guidelines
- is a City of Melville resident,
- is able to provide proof of low income or exceptional circumstances.
- Proof of low income – eligible Centrelink cards, such as Centrelink Health Care Card, Centrelink Pensioner Concession Card or Department of Veterans’ Affairs Pensioner Concession Card).
- Exceptional circumstances - applicants must provide a letter of support from a referral agent who is familiar with the financial barriers facing the applicant and can indicate the need for Activelink funding (agent may be teacher, doctor, police, financial counsellor, social worker, Disability Services Local Coordinators or community organsiations/agencies) Please note the letter must be on the agency letterhead and be signed by the referral agent.
- has not received Activelink in two consecutive years
- is not applying for an activity currently covered by Kidsport.
- Is not applying for an activity currently covered by Seniors Assistance Fund (SAF)
It cannot be used for:
- Equipment (eg: sport shoes, clothing)
- Health/medical services (eg: massage, hydrotherapy)
- Educational Tutoring Services
- Applicants 5-18 years applying for an activity covered under Kidsport will not be approved. Please visit the Kidsport website or Find a Club
- Only two vouchers will be issued for each individual per year (total of vouchers must not exceed the allocated funding for the financial year)
- Vouchers cannot be requested for clothing/sporting equipment/art supplies/other equipment
- Eligible families can obtain a maximum of $600 per family.
- Activity must be located in the City of Melville.
How to Apply
To apply for the latest round of Activelink - online Activelink 2018 - 2019
or visit Blue Gum or Willagee Community Centre to obtain a hard copy form.
Our friendly staff at Blue Gum Community Centre and Willagee Community Centre can provide more information or assist you with your application.
- Call Blue Gum Community Centre on 9364 0148
- Call Willagee Community Centre on 9364 0848.
Or you can email us at email@example.com.
Social Media Share this pageLinks below open in a new window