Activelink supports eligible City of Melville residents of all abilities to participate in sport, recreation, hobbies, and other activities (such as creative art classes, library activities or programs or dance classes) and connect with others in their community. It provides support to those who face financial barriers to participation in the community, and applications are accepted year-round.
Activelink provides vouchers to contribute to the costs associated with accessing community recreation, hobby and leisure acitvities.
- Eligible residents can receive one voucher per financial year for a maximum of $200
- To allow equity and for new residents to apply, vouchers can only be received for two years in a row (followed by a one year ‘break’, in which eligible residents are unable to apply – they can reapply the following years:
For example, eligible individuals/families would be able to apply for Activelink in the following years:
2018-2019 –apply for Activelink
2019-2020 – apply for Activelink
2020-2021 – One year break
2021-2022 – apply for Activelink
- Please note that Activelink receives many applications and funding is limited. Eligibility for funding does not guarantee that your application will be successful.
- All vouchers must be redeemed within the three months from date of issue.
- Please choose activity provider carefully as once issued, vouchers cannot be changed
- Please check with the Activity Provider the terms and conditions of voucher purchase (eg: expiry periods for tickets/passes, etc)
Access an Activelink Easy English Brochure (Screen Reader Accessible)
Applying for ActiveLink
Who Can Apply?
A person applying for Activelink -
- has read and understands the program guidelines (see link below - please advise if you require assistance or the guidelines in an alternative format)
- is a City of Melville resident,
- has not already received Activelink for two years in a row
- is not applying for an activity currently covered by Kidsport or the Age Friendly Assistance Fund (SAF)
- is applying for an activity that is conducted in the City of Melville
- is able to provide proof of low income (eligible Centrelink Card) OR demonstrate exceptional circumstances.
It cannot be used for:
- Equipment (eg: sport shoes, clothing)
- Health/medical services (eg: massage, hydrotherapy)
- Educational tutoring services Activities that occur during school hours or are part of the school curriculum (with effect from 1 July 2019). For more information about financial assistance with school activities, speak to your school or contact Department of Human Services about available family payments on 136 150
- Programs or activities outside the City of Melville
How to Apply
To apply for the 2019/20 round of Activelink - online Activelink 2019-2020 (this round will close on 30 June 2020)
Request a hard copy application form - to be posted or picked up from the City of Melville Civic Centre, Willagee or Blue Gum Community Centres.
Applicants can request assistance from Customer Relations staff and Neighbourhood Development Support Officers to complete the form (either online, over the phone or in person).
If successful, vouchers are issued within 15 working days of receipt of application.
Other Available Funding for Individuals
Kidsport - Visit the Department of Local Government, Sport and Cultural Industries Kidsport website or call 9492 9700.
Age Friendly Assistance Fund for more information visit: Age Friendly Melville or contact the Age Friendly Fund Coordinator on 1300 552 935 or 9550 788 or email: email@example.com
For more information on Activelink please call 1300 635 845 or 9364 0666 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.