ActiveLink supports eligible residents of all ages and abilities to connect with their community through sport and leisure activities. Applications are accepted year-round, with financial support for people who face barriers to participation in the community.
Eligible residents can receive one voucher each financial year for up to $200.
To be eligible you will:
- be a City of Melville resident
- choose an activity that is provided within the City of Melville
- be able to provide proof of low income (i.e. eligible Centrelink Card) OR demonstrate exceptional circumstances.
- have read and understood the Program Guidelines.
ActiveLink cannot be used for:
- equipment (e.g. sport shoes, clothing)
- health/medical services (e.g. massage, hydrotherapy)
- educational tutoring services
- programs or activities outside the City of Melville
- activities that occur during school hours, are part of the school curriculum or are eligble for funding through KidSport
Eligibility does not guarantee that your application will be successful, ActiveLink receives many applications and funding is limited.
How to Apply
The 2021-2022 funding round will close on 30 June 2022. You can apply online or using a hard copy form.
Apply for ActiveLink
To request a hard copy application form or to seek assistance with your application email email@example.com or call us on 1300 635 845 or 9364 0666.
Hard copy forms can be posted to your home or can be collected from the City of Melville Civic Centre, Willagee Community Centre or Blue Gum Community Centre.
City of Melville staff can assist if you need help completing the application form. This can be done over the phone or in person.
Successful applicants will be issued with an ActiveLink Voucher within 21 working days of receipt of application. Applicants then take the voucher to the Activity Provider when they wish to start the activity.
Please check with the activity provider regarding any terms and conditions of your voucher e.g. expiry periods, availability of activities in school holidays etc.
For more information on ActiveLink please call 1300 635 845 or 9364 0666 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other Funding Options
KidSport enables children aged 5 to 18 years to participate in community sport and recreation by offering eligible applicants up to $150 per calendar year toward club fees. The program is run by the Department of Local Government, Sport and Cultural Industries. For more information go to the Kidsport website or call 9492 9700.
For more information about financial assistance for school based activities, speak to your school or contact Department of Human Services about available family payments on 136 150