Activelink supports eligible City of Melville residents of all abilities to participate in sport, recreation, leisure and other activities (such as creative art classes, library activities or programs or dance classes). It provides support to those who face challenges, difficulties or barriers to participate. This may include language and cultural barriers, financial difficulties, feeling isolated or having a disability (or different ability).
Activelink encourages greater social participation and aims to improve the health, self-confidence and skills of our residents.
Vouchers are issued to eligible City of Melville residents for approved activities and fees are paid directly to activity providers. Chosen activities may be undertaken anywhere but we encourage you to use local community facilities within Melville.
The program is designed to be flexible and responsive to individual needs and circumstances.
From 1 January - 30 June 2018, an amount of $100/applicant or $300/family will be given to eligible residents.
From 1 July 2018, Activelink will be on a financial year. Applicants can reapply for Activelink for this financial year up to $200 per person and $600 per family.
Applicants can only apply for Activelink in two consecutive years (takes effect from 2018/19 Financial Year).
Vouchers cannot be requested for clothing/sporting equipment/art supplies/other equipment.
FAQs related to recent changes are provided below.
To ensure every application is assessed in the same way and that the City of Melville is responsibly spending its Activelink budget.
To enable more people to apply for assistance, given nearly 20,000 people living in the City of Melville identify as living with a disability.
- Online application form.
- Funds targeted to those most in need through evidence of low income or exceptional circumstances.
- Limit of 2 consecutive years of funding – takes effect from 1 July 2018.
- Maximum of 2 vouchers per financial year – takes effect from 1 July 2018.
- Funding is available for registration or participation fees, not equipment and clothing.
- Applications for activities that can be funded by either Kidsport or Seniors Assistance Fund will not be accepted.
- A young person aged 5 – 18 years who receives Kidsport funding can also apply for Activelink for a different activity.
Activelink is only for City of Melville residents.
$200 per person or $600 per family funding limit each year.
Who Can Apply?
A person applying for ActiveLink:
- Must be a City of Melville resident
- Is experiencing a barrier to participation as a result of a disability, culturally diverse background, financial hardship or exceptional circumstance (e.g. due to sudden loss of employment, death or illness of parent/carer/child)
- Is able to provide proof of low income, financial hardship or exceptional circumstances (refer to important notes below)
- Has not received Activelink in two consecutive years (takes effect from 2018/19 financial year)
- Is not applying for an activity currently covered by Kidsport or Seniors Assistance Fund (SAF)
- Has read and understands the program guidelines.
(* Note: proof of low income must be provided such as a Centrelink Health Care Card, Centrelink Pensioner Concession Card or Department of Veterans' Affairs Pensioner Concession Card). Applicants who do not have a card can apply under a one-off exceptional circumstances basis that includes sudden loss of employment, death or illness of parent/carer/child.
- Applicants 5-18 years applying for an activity covered under Kidsport will not be approved. Please visit the Kidsport website or Find a Club
- Only two vouchers will be issued for each individual per year (total of vouchers must not exceed the allocated funding for the financial year)
- Vouchers cannot be requested for clothing/sporting equipment/art supplies/other equipment
- Eligible families can obtain a maximum of $600 per family.
How to Apply
Apply for ActiveLink online or visit Blue Gum or Willagee Community Centre to obtain a hard copy form.
Our friendly staff at Blue Gum Community Centre and Willagee Community Centre can provide more information or assist you with your application.
- Call Blue Gum Community Centre on 9364 0148
- Call Willagee Community Centre on 9364 0848.
Or you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.