The Age-Friendly Melville assistance fund was set up for eligible older people living in the City of Melville, to help them maintain their independence in their own home.
The Age-Friendly Melville assistance fund offers funding to support a choice of short term or one-off support services to older people living independently in the community or in residential care within the City of Melville
*Please read the following Eligibility Guidelines prior to applying.
Eligibility: Who is eligible to access the Assistance Fund? What the fund can be used for?
Who is eligible?
The following eligibility criteria applies:
- One approved application per person per financial year
- The applicant must be a City of Melville resident
- Other avenues of funding must be considered prior to the application
- The service must be essential to the wellbeing, rehabilitation, and safety of the recipient
- The applicant must show proof of holding a pensioner card
How to apply.
Examples of Short Term Services:
- Domestic assistance
- Personal Care
- Social Support including shopping assistance
- Meal preparation
- Personal Alarms
- Technology Subsidy
Examples of One- Off Assistance:
- Occupational therapy including aids and equipment (a referral from a GP or Allied health professional is required)
- Home Maintenance including gardening
- Other items to help address safety concerns
- Access modifications to home, for example rails, ramps and changes to home access.
To apply to the 2020 - 2021 Age-Friendly Melville assistance fund click here
- Request a hard copy application form – to be posted or picked up from the City of Melville Civic Centre, or Blue Gum Community Centres.
- If successful, they will be notified by email, payment will be made into the applicants account once a paid invoice/receipt has been received.
Other Services and Funding Options
Financial counselling Service: A walk-in Emergency Relief Service is available on Mondays 9.00am to 11.30am. No appointment necessary.
Please contact the Financial Counsellor on 9364 0661. Appointments can be made on the following days:
- Mondays 1.00pm to 4.00pm
- Tuesdays 9.00am to 4.00pm
- Wednesdays 9.00am to 1.00pm
Need help at home? To find out if you are eligible for Commonwealth Home Support Program and to be assessed for funding for Goods, Equipment and Assistive Technology or Home Modifications, contact My Aged Care on 1800 200 422 or go online to www.myagedcare.gov.au.
Meals on Wheels: 9435 1379 (subsidised home cooked meals)
Social Media Share this pageLinks below open in a new window