What the Fund Offers
The Age-Friendly Fund was set up for over 55's, living in the City of Melville, to help them maintain their independence in their own home.
The Age-Friendly Fund offers a choice of short term or one-off support services to over 55's living independently in the community or in residential care within the City of Melville.
Examples of Short Term Services
- Domestic assistance
- Personal care
- In home and residential respite
- Social support including shopping assistance
- Meal preparation
- Continence aids
Examples of One-Off Assistance
- Occupational therapy including rails or other essential aids (referral from your GP or Allied Health is required)
- Home maintenance including gardening
- Other items to help address safety concerns
- Access modifications to home, for example rails or ramps
Our older residents, can make direct contact with the Age-Friendly Fund Coordinator, to see if they are eligible for assistance.
The following eligibility criteria applies:
- The fund will be administrated to older residents experiencing financial hardship
- One approved application per person per financial year
- The applicant must be over 60 years of age
- The applicant must be a City of Melville resident
- All alternate avenues of funding must be considered prior to the application
- No payments will be made retrospectively to the applicant
- The service must be essential to the wellbeing, rehabilitation and safety of the recipient
Age-Friendly Fund Contacts
To find out more about the Age-Friendly Fund, please contact the Age-Friendly Assistance Fund Coordinator.
Toll Free: 1300 552 935
Phone: (08) 9550 7888
Options, Policies and Procedures
Care Options is committed to protecting the confidentiality of your information. The privacy of your information is also protected by law. Care Options will treat your information in the strictest confidence and store it securely. If you have any questions about what happens to your information, please call Care Options on 1300 552 935.
A contribution is required for all approved applications. This makes it possible to continue providing assistance to other residents in the City of Melville. Care Options will send you an invoice for the contribution towards payment.
Care Options is committed to ensuring:
- All service recipients and their carers are free to lodge grievances, to have those grievances dealt with promptly and fairly by the agency, and to have those grievances resolved in a satisfactory manner if possible.
- You may choose to have an Advocate to assist you in lodging you complaint and they may act on your behalf.
Supporting an Age-Friendly Melville
The Age-Friendly Assistance Fund is related to outcomes from the Age-Friendly Melville Strategy. Many activities, events, opportunities, initiatives and actions are in operation or being progressed across the City for over 55's in the community.