Age Friendly Melville Assistance Fund

The Age-Friendly Melville assistance fund was set up for eligible older people living in the City of Melville, to help them maintain their independence in their own home.

The Age-Friendly Melville assistance fund offers funding to support a choice of short term or one-off support services to older people living independently in the community or in residential care within the City of Melville

*Please read the following  Eligibility Guidelines prior to applying.

Eligibility: Who is eligible to access the Assistance Fund?

Who is eligible?

  • One approved application, up to a maximum of $200, per person per financial year
  • The applicant must be a City of Melville resident
  • The applicant must be over the age of 60, or 50 for Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander people. Proof of age is required if the applicant’s date of birth is not stated on the concession card, e.g. driver’s licence, seniors card or passport.
  • The applicant must show proof of low income by attaching a valid concession card such as Pensioner Concession Card, Health Care Concession Card, or Department of Veterans’ Affairs Card
  • The service must be essential to the wellbeing, rehabilitation, and safety of the recipient, and help to maintain their independence at home
  • The applicant must show proof of age.
  • Other avenues of funding must be considered prior to the application
What the fund can be used for?

Examples of Short Term Services:

  • Domestic assistance
  • Personal care
  • Social support including shopping assistance
  • Meal preparation
  • Transport
  • Personal alarms
  • Technology subsidy
  • Safe & Found WA

Examples of One- Off Assistance:

  • Occupational therapy including aids and equipment (a referral from a GP or Allied Health Professional is required)
  • Home maintenance including gardening
  • Other items to help address safety concerns
  • Access modifications to home, for example rails, ramps and changes to home access.mples, c

For more examples, click here.

Note: these are examples only and subject to change without notice. Should you require clarification for a product/service not listed, please call the City to discuss.

The City receives many applications and funding is limited. Eligibility for funding does not guarantee that applications will be successful.

How to apply.

You can choose to apply online, or by completing a hard copy application form. Please follow the instructions in the Age Friendly Melville Assistance Guidelines:


Apply online by clicking here

Hard Copy

Request a hard copy form to be posted or collected from the City of Melville Civic Centre, Blue Gum Community Centre, or Willagee Community Centre.

If successful, you will be notified by email. Payment will be made into the applicant’s nominated account.

Other Services and Funding Options

Emergency Relief Service

A walk-in Emergency Relief Service is available on Mondays 9am - 12pm at Willagee Community Centre for valid Centrelink Concession Card Holders residing within the City of Melville. No appointment necessary.

For more information, visit or call 9364 0661.

ER Connect is a free-call Emergency Relief and Food Access Service and can be contacted on 1800 979 777 or

Financial Counselling

 A free financial counselling service is available to all City of Melville residents. Appointments are required and can be made on the following days:

  • Mondays 1.00pm to 4.00pm
  • Tuesdays 9.00am to 4.00pm
  • Wednesdays 9.00am to 1.00pm

For more information, visit or 9364 0661.

National Debt Hotline NDH 1800 007 007

Commonweath Home Support Program

Need help at home? To find out if you are eligible for Commonwealth Home Support Program and to be assessed for funding for Goods, Equipment and Assistive Technology or Home Modifications, contact My Aged Care on 1800 200 422 or go online to

Meals on Wheels

Meals on Wheels can be contacted for subsidised home cooked meals on 9435 1379.   


Social Media Share this pageLinks below open in a new window

Was this page helpful?
Page Helpful