We have a bold vision to engage with our diverse community to achieve an inclusive, vibrant and suitable future. To do this, we need talented and passionate individuals who are keen to make a difference in the local community.
Find out about the benefits of working for the City and view our current job opportunities below.
We strive to be an employer of choice and offer a range employee benefits:
- 9.5% base super with ability to increase up to 14% with co-contributions
- Flexible work arrangements
- Opportunity to purchase additional leave
- Structured professional development and study assistance programs
- Novated leasing
- Free parking
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Free use of onsite gyms (Civic Centre and Ops Centre) and access to the gym, spa, pool and sauna at our LeisureFit Centres
- Yearly health assessments – including flu shots and skin cancer checks
- Active social club
Please note: some benefits are only available on certain length and type of contracts. If you have any questions, please contact our people services team.
View and apply for open positions on our online job portal. For help using/navigating the online portal, download and read our Web Recruitment FAQs.
Current Job Opportunities
We offer work experience to high-school, TAFE and university students, and anyone wanting to gain real-life experience working for a local government.
To lodge an application for work experience, please complete our online work experience application form.
Please note: we cannot guarantee a work experience placement, as it will depend on capacity in the relevant team to supervise and provide mentorship. You will also be required to provide your own public liability insurance.
If you have our questions, contact our people services team.
If you have any questions about careers at the City of Melville, fill in our contact form below. We will get back to you within 3 days.