The City of Melville endeavours to be flexible in assisting ratepayers to complete their rates payments.
There are a number of payment options as well as methods of payment available.
Pay your rates via the City of Melville Online Services. This is a fully secured (encrypted) service and safe to use.
To submit this payment you need your:
- Rates Assessment Number
- Credit Card Details (VISA, Mastercard or American Express)
- Limit of payment: $10,000 applies.
- A Merchant Service Fee of 0.6% (inclusive of GST) applies to all credit card payments
Credit Card payments can be made over the phone by calling customer service.
Cards accepted are American Express, Visa or MasterCard.
The rates notice you have received has arrived in a re-usable envelope.
This can be sent back to us with a cheque or money order payment inside to:
Locked Bag 1, Booragoon WA 6954.
Please include the payment slip at the bottom of your rates notice.
You can pay in person at:
- Our Civic Centre Customer Service Desk at 10 Almondbury Road, Booragoon (near Garden City), open 8.30am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday; or
- Any Australia Post Office.
Please take your Rates Notice with you.
Standard options for payment are explained on your rates notice:
- Single payment by the early payment date (qualifying for the Rates Prize Draw)
- Single payment by the due date
- Four (quarterly) installments - this will incur a $16.75 admin fee and instalment interest applies (excluding pensioners/seniors).
If you are having difficulty paying your rates, please contact customer service.
Overdue accounts will be charged interest, which begins to accrue at 8 per cent per annum, calculated daily on amounts outstanding after the due date. Details are shown on the back of your rate notice.
If you are a pensioner or senior you may be able to defer your rates.