The City of Melville endeavours to be flexible in assisting ratepayers to complete their rates payments.
There are a number of payment options as well as methods of payment available.
Pay your rates online using our online portal. This is a fully secured (encrypted) service and safe to use.
To submit a payment you need your:
- Rates assessment number
- Credit card details (VISA, Mastercard or American Express)
- Limit of payment: $10,000 applies.
- A Merchant Service Fee of 0.6% (inclusive of GST) applies to all credit card payments
You can also use BPay to pay your rates.
To do this, log on to your online bank account and select BPay. You will need the Biller Code and Ref No. found on your rates notice.
You can also register to receive future rates notices and instalment reminders via your online bank account. Visit our About Your Rates page for more information.
We accept credit card payments over the phone.
To make a payment, call our payment line on 1300 880 716. You will need your rates assessment number.
We accept American Express, Visa or MasterCard.
You can pay by mail using the re-usable envelope included in your rates notice.
Please detach the payment slip at the bottom of your rates notice, enclose with a cheque or money order and send to:
- Locked Bag 1, Booragoon, WA 6954
Please make the cheque or money order out to the City of Melville.
You can pay your rates in person at:
- Our City of Melville Civic Centre, 10 Almondbury Road, Booragoon. Office hours are 8.30am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday
- Any Australia Post Office. Visit their website for locations.
You will need your rates notice so please bring it with you.
You can set up a direct debit payment arrangement to pay your rates. This allows you to make automatic, periodic deductions from a bank account of your choice.
You can set up weekly, fortnightly, monthly, yearly or standard quartely instalments. We also offer ad-hoc payment dates.
For more information, download and read our Direct Debit Service Agreement. If you would like to set up direct debit to pay your rates, download and complete the Direct Debit Request Form.
Payment dates for you 2018-2019 rates are listed below:
- Issue date: 20 July 2018
- Early payment: 14 August 2018
- 1st Instalment: 28 August 2018
- 2nd instalment: 30 October 2019
- 3rd Instalment: 4 January 2019
- 4th Instalment: 7 March
Standard options for payment are explained on your rates notice:
- Single payment by the early payment date (qualifying for the Rates Prize Draw)
- Single payment by the due date
- Four (quarterly) instalments - this will incur a $17.25 admin fee and instalment interest applies (excluding pensioners/seniors).
If you are having difficulty paying your rates, please contact customer service.
Overdue accounts will be charged interest, which begins to accrue at 8 per cent per annum, calculated daily on amounts outstanding after the due date. Details are shown on the back of your rate notice.
If you are a pensioner or senior you may be able to defer your rates.
Social Media Share this pageLinks below open in a new window