Online Payments Unavailable Online payments are currently unavailable due to the end of year financial process. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Close alert

Parking Infringements

Paying a Parking Infringement

There are a range of convenient options available if you receive an infringement.

  • Online by Card - You can pay with a Visa, MasterCard or American Express 
  • By phone - please call 1300 880 716 to pay an infringement via phone with Visa, MasterCard or American Express.
  • In person - You can pay an infringement in person at the City of Melville Civic Centre. We are located at 10 Almondbury Road, Booragoon WA 6154.
    The Civic Centre is open 8.30am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday.
  • By mail - You can post the infringement along with a cheque, money order or your credit card details to:
    City of Melville
    Locked Bag 1
    Booragoon WA 6954

Appealing a Parking Infringement

Infringements may be considered for withdrawal in the following circumstances. Supporting documentation must be provided.

All appeals for infringements must be made in written form.

  • You had a medical emergency that prevented you from removing your vehicle - documentation is required from your medical practitioner or hospital to support this claim;
  • Your vehicle was broken down and you could not move it. You will need to supply: A towing receipt or proof of repairs (for example a receipt for parts, an invoice from a mechanic and RAC callout documentation);
  • Your vehicle was stolen - you need to advise the reference number of the Police report;
  • You were detained by the Police - again documentation from the Police is required.
  • If you were not the driver at the time the Infringement was incurred, you can complete and forward a Statutory Declaration with the full name and address of the person who was driving. The form must be witnessed by a Justice of the Peace. Click here to download the Statutory Declaration Form.
  • Disabled parking permit displayed that may have fallen from dashboard (ACROD permit produced).

Please note that all requests for infringements to be reviewed must be made to the City of Melville in written form.

How to Appeal to have your Parking Infringement Withdrawn

  • Online - You can appeal a parking infringement online (Please note you need to download and open this form, you will not be able to complete it in your browser), make sure you have any evidence, supporting documents or photos ready to attach.
  • In person - Come to the City of Melville Civic Centre, 10 Almondbury Road, Booragoon WA 6154, between the hours of 8.30am to 5.00pm, bringing with you any supporting evidence.
  • By mail - You can write a letter to the Chief Executive Officer of the City of Melville and post to:
    City of Melville
    Locked Bag 1
    Booragoon WA 6954
  • By Email - You can submit your appeal by email to, making sure you attach any supporting documents.

    When appealing to have your parking infringement withdrawn, it is important to include your details (name, address, contact phone number and the infringement number) and any supporting documentation you may have (photocopy of purchased parking ticket or current permit, towing or repair receipts, police incident number etc.) 

Election to have matter dealt with by a Court

If you wish to have the infringement determined in court, wait until you have received the final demand and do not pay the infringement.  Prior to the due date, you must advise us in writing by completing this form and returning to the City.  We encourage you to reconsider your position and/or seek legal advice as the City’s intention will be to seek costs should you be successfully prosecuted.

What happens if I do Nothing?

After a period of 28 days if we have not heard from you we will send a final demand that will include extra charges.

If you don't pay your infringement notice in the prescribed or statutory period, it is referred to the Fines Enforcement Registry (FER), where a court order is issued. When this happens, the infringement notice becomes a court order and further fees are imposed to recover the fine.

There are serious consequences for not paying fines in WA, including driver's license suspension or removal of number plates from your vehicle.

Fines Enforcement Registry

If you have received a letter from the Fines Enforcement Registry you can contact them on 1300 650 235.

The Fines Enforcement Registry can be contacted on (Mobile/International Callers: (08) 9235 0235, between 8.30am to 4.30pm, Monday to Friday (except public holidays), or email

Social Media Share this pageLinks below open in a new window

Was this page helpful?
Page Helpful