Tompkins Park, located between Canning Highway and the foreshore in Applecross, offers both active and passive areas for all types of activities.
The active area is consistently used by sporting clubs and associations all year round for activities such as rugby, soccer, cricket and more.
A function area suitable for wedding ceremonies and large functions is located away from the active sporting grounds towards the eastern end of the reserve.
- Dogs More info
- Sport More info
- For Hire More info
- BBQ Facilities
- Footpaths and Benches
- Sporting Ovals
- Bowling Club
- Function Area for hire located towards the eastern end of the reserve with capacity up to 300 people
- Function Centre and Club Rooms are managed by Tompkins on Swan
Named by the City of Melville after the Tompkins Family, from whom the land was purchased. The late Mr. Eric Tompkins was a Secretary/Engineer of the Melville Roads Board and passed away whilst in office in December 1951. Tompkins Park is a 44 acre reserve set aside for active recreation and named in his honour.
Reserve Hire Information
A function area located towards the eastern end of the reserve is available for wedding ceremonies, with a capacity of up to 300 people. Other large functions with a capacity of up to 200 people may also be held at the reserve's Function Area. An approved Events Application is required to secure an event on City of Melville reserves.
Please note there are some things you can't do or bring to this reserve:
- Bouncy castles and marquees are only permitted with required approval
- Petting zoos, animal farms and pony rides may be permitted with approval and a permit
- Pegs/stakes are not permitted to secure structures or bouncy castles. Weights must be used to secure any structures (such as marquees)
- No confetti is permitted
Other important information to note when making a booking:
- The Sporting Ovals are allocated to existing Melville sporting clubs and training and/or matches may be conducted onsite during a booking in the Function Area.
- The Sporting Ovals cannot be hired for functions and non-sporting events.
- The Function Centre and Club Rooms are managed by Tompkins on Swan. Bookings should be made directly with the association. If areas on the reserves are required in addition to a booking with Tompkins on Swan, please consult the the City of Melville Bookings Officer.
- Bookings are not accepted for Public Holidays, 18th and 21st birthday parties
- All bookings will be considered tentative until full payment is made
To check for available dates, please contact the Customer Service Team on 9364 0666 or use the Hire Enquiries form below.
Once you have consulted Customer Service, please lodge a booking application: BOOK ONLINE NOW
Please note this form is for availability enquiries only. To request a booking, please submit a booking application.