The Piney Lakes Reserve is located in the suburb of Winthrop in the City of Melville and is bounded by Leach Highway to the north and Murdoch Drive to the east.
Piney Lakes Environmental Education Centre has reopened for existing bookings. Visit our Facility and Service Changes During COVID-19 page for more information.
The reserve encompasses approximately 67 hectares, comprising of around 50 hectares of bushland and wetland environments and 17 hectares of developed parkland to the south and west. For more information on Piney Lakes, please visit Piney Lakes.
- BBQs More info
- Dogs More info
- For Hire More info
- Footpaths and benches
- BBQ facilities
- Tables and chairs
- A dog exercise area (please see map for where dogs are allowed)
- A recreational lake
- A boardwalk for controlled access in the wetland areas
- Open space and picnic areas
- The Environmental Education Centre
- A sensory play park
- Sculpture walk
- Night walks
- Children’s holiday and after school play activities
- Nature study (bird watching, turtle spotting)
- Hire capacity up to 300
There was previously a pine plantation here, hence the name.
Reserve Hire Information
This reserve is suitable for wedding ceremonies with up to 200 guests and other large functions (gatherings, family reunions, children’s birthday parties) with up to 300 guests. For large public events, an approved Event Application is required to secure an event on City of Melville reserves.
Please note there are some things you can't do or bring to this reserve:
- Bouncy castles and marquees may be permitted with required approval
- Petting zoos, animal farms and pony rides are not permitted
- Pegs/stakes are not permitted to secure structures or bouncy castles. Weights must be used to secure any structures (such as marquees)
- No confetti is permitted
Other important information to note when making a booking:
- The waterfall only runs when the lake is low. It can not be guaranteed to be running during your booking.
- Bookings are not accepted for Public Holidays, 18th and 21st birthday parties
- Large functions may need to arrange overflow parking on the reserve. Additional charges may apply
- All bookings will be considered tentative until full payment is made
To check for available dates, please contact the Customer Relations Team on 9364 0666 or use the Hire Enquiries form below.
Once you have consulted Customer Relations, please lodge a booking application:
Fees and Charges
Please note this form is for availability enquiries only. To request a booking, please submit a booking application.