Find out how to reduce the chance of your home being burgled by using the City’s simple home safety checklist.
You can reduce the chance of being burgled by applying Designing Out Crime (DOC) principles to your property.
Home Security Checklist
You can also request for a hard copy of our checklist to be sent out to you.
DOC is a crime prevention strategy, which aims to reduce opportunities for crime through the design and management of the built and landscaped environment. Visit the Western Australian Planning Commission website for a copy of their DOC Planning Guidelines.
DOC principles can also be applied to prevent graffiti. Visit the Goodbye Graffiti website for information on Designing Out Graffiti.
Beat Burglar Bill Video
Check out our animanted video and make it tougher for crooks - thieves go after easy targets.
The City’s Community Safety Service (CSS) offers holiday watch patrols to residents at no extra cost. To register to have your property patrolled while you’re away call 1300 653 643.
Top Holiday Safety Tips:
- Register for a holiday watch patrol a few days before you leave
- Ensure all doors and windows are locked
- Let neighbours know you are away – ask them to watch out for your property and collect your mail
- Cancel deliveries such as newspapers
- Consider installing automatic timing devices for lights and radios