Report a Lost Pet
Rangers keep a record of any dogs and cats reported by their owners as being lost.
Rangers are able to match details from these reports with any dog or cat that may either be reported as found or impounded.
To ensure your lost dog or cat can be returned to you as soon as possible please ensure they are wearing a collar and tags as well as keeping their microchip details up to date.
To report your pet missing please contact the City on 9364 0666 or click on the link below:
Report a Lost Animal
- Please note the lost animal will only be kept on record for one month.
- It is the owners responsibility to notify of any changes of circumstance to the animal.
You may also like to notify local vets or surrounding Local Governments.
The below fees are applicable for the release of a dog:
- Release of Registered Dog - $65.00
- Release of Unregistered Dog - $95.00 plus registration fee
- Sustenance and Maintenance for a Dog in a Pound - $20.00
- Microchipping of a dog - $50.00
All dogs released from the pound must be registered and microchipped.
If a dog is not claimed within seven days from the date of impoundment, the dog will be assessed for its suitability to be rehomed by an independent animal rescue group.
Pound Contact Information
Phone: 9364 0760
Address: City of Melville Operations Centre Bramanti Road, Murdoch
Please note that lost dogs can only be collected from the Dog Pound between 4.00pm to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays).
Please see below for any dogs currently in our pound.