World Elder Abuse Awareness Day -15 June 2019
City of Melville is committed to raising awareness about Elder Abuse in our community. The Purple Road is a wonderful, creative community artwork that raises awareness about this serious community issue.
The City is proud to display The Purple Road at different locations throughout the City from 18 March through the World Elder Abuse Awareness Day on 15 June. This initiative supports all the work we are doing as a member of the WHO Age-Friendly Communities global network and working with many other organisations within the National Elder Abuse Prevention and Advocacy Framework and as a member of the Alliance for the Prevention of Elder Abuse; WA.
Below is a schedule of locations where you can view The Purple Road while it is in Melville.
- City of Melville Civic Centre - 15 March to 29 March
- AH Bracks Library - 29 March to 19 April
- Bull Creek Community Centre - 19 April to 3 May
- Blue Gum Community Centre - 3 May to 17 May
- Willagee Community Centre - 17 May to 31 May
- City of Melville Civic Centre - 1 June to 15 June
If you would like to contribute crocheted flowers to help grow the Purple Road and raise awareness please send your flowers to Northern Suburbs Community Legal Centre, PO Box 793 Mirrabooka WA 6941