The City of Melville will be conducting broadacre herbicide spraying at our passive and major reserves during the months July and August to control winter weeds. The registered herbicide, Spearhead will be used in line with manufacturer’s recommendations. Appropriate signage will be displayed in strategic locations at the reserves and on vehicles when spraying is in progress.
For more information, visit our Weed Management page or call 1300 635 845 or 9364 0666.
Under the powers conferred by section 31 of the Dog Act 1976 (WA), and in accordance with section 1.7 of Local Government Act 1995 (WA), the City of Melville gives public notice that it intends to at the Ordinary Meeting of Council to be held on Tuesday, 21 September 2021, make the following changes to dog exercise areas and prohibited areas for dogs in the City of Melville.
Dog Exercise Areas – New Areas
The City of Melville intends to specify the following places as dog exercise areas under section 31(3A) of the Dog Act 1976 (WA):
- Marmion Reserve east of the carpark and path bordering the lake;
- Tompkins Park Reserve east of a point approximately midway between Francis Road and Cantray Avenue;
- Melville Reserve sports oval and immediate surrounds, except the carpark and skatepark.
- An area of approximately 263m2 incorporating 25m of beachfront between the river side of the path and the mean high water mark off Blackwall Reach Parade commencing approximately 46m north east of the intersection with Crewe Street for an initial period covering the summer of 2021/22.
Dog Exercise Areas – Removal of Areas
The City of Melville intends to cancel the specification of the following places as dog exercise areas under section 31(3A) of the Dog Act 1976 (WA):
- George Humes Park;
- William Reynolds Park;
- Juett Park;
- Hill Park;
- Robert Crawford Reserve
Prohibited Areas for Dogs
The City of Melville intends to cancel the specification of the following places where dogs are currently prohibited totally under section 31(2A) of the Dog Act 1976:
- The area at Deep Water Point between the Dome Café leased area and the carpark, and between the leased area and that part of the path closest to the al fresco area.
- The non-foreshore areas of Jeff Joseph Reserve.
For more information including the meaning and rules for dog exercise areas and prohibited areas for dogs, as well as details of the changes, visit the Minutes of the Ordinary Meeting of Council that was held on Tuesday, 20 July 2021.
Under the powers conferred by, and in accordance with, section 3.58 (3)-(4) of the Local Government Act 1995 (WA), we give public notice that we propose to dispose of the following Town Homes at the "Gallery Estate", Willagee WA 6156.
|Address||Legal Description||Purchaser||Price (Consideration)||Valuation|
|34 Goodrick Loop, Willagee||Lot 32 Deposited Plan 417855||Michael ZOITI||$675,500 Inc. GST||$640,000 to $660,000 inc. GST|
|42 Goodrick Loop, Willagee||Lot 36 Deposited Plan 417855||Serena KURIAN||$643,182 Inc. GST||$615,000 to $635,000 inc. GST|
|44 Goodrick Loop, Willagee||Lot 37 Deposited Plan 417855||Haydn MANLY|
$626,988 Inc. GST
|$615,000 to $635,000 inc. GST|
Submissions relating to the proposed disposition should be marked as “Gallery Estate Disposition of Lots” and addressed to the Land & Property Projects Officer at the City of Melville via:
Closing date for submissions is 4.00pm 2 August 2021.
For more information, contact us.