Supporting Inclusive Experiences
The Melville Age-Friendly Accessible Business (MAFAB) network consists of businesses committed to providing a supportive and inclusive experience for customers of all ages and abilities.
MAFAB businesses lead the way in being age-friendly and accessible, understanding the needs of their customers and welcoming older shoppers or those living with a disability, including dementia.
Benefits of MAFAB
Having an accessible and age-friendly business is an invitation to a broader customer base. Did you know:
- 23% of Melville residents are currently over 60
- Melville has the 2nd highest number of people living with dementia in WA
- 18.5% of Australians identify themselves as having some form of disability.
As a member, you will become a key partner in the MAFAB network which will promote and support your business to:
- Gain a better understanding of your local customer base
- Share and gain information on how to be more accessible, age-friendly and supportive to the local community
- Increase your local community profile.
By joining the network, you will also have access to:
- The latest government and community initiatives to support age-friendly and accessible businesses including technology and applications
- Training and support through workshops and forums
- One-on-one meetings and support from City of Melville staff
- Information from other businesses about initiatives and strategies.
Visit Melville Age Friendly Accessible Business Network to find out more or email email@example.com.