Find out all about bulk waste and garden organics verge collections, including dates, how to present your verge and what you can and can't dispose of through these collections.
Bulk Waste and Garden Organics Verge Collection Dates
Enter your address in the box below to find the dates for your bulk waste and garden organics collections, or download the 2021-2022 Waste Calendar (PDF).
Find Your Bin and Verge Collection Dates
Your search results for ""Clear address
There is no information available for the address you have entered
How to Present Your Waste
Please follow the guidelines below for presenting your waste for a bulk waste or garden organics verge collection. Only waste presented correctly will be collected.
Waste can only be placed out seven working days before your scheduled collection. Please check your calendar or use our tool above to check your verge collection dates before placing out your waste.
Do's for Verge Waste Presentation
- Place away from trees, walls, fences, sprinklers and vehicles
- Place white goods, steel and e-waste in a separate pile from other verge collection items
- Keep checking your pile to ensure compliance
- Allow seven working days for collection
Don'ts for Verge Waste Presentation
- Obstruct any footpaths, driveways, your normal bin services or the line of sight of pedestrians and road users
- Place near water meters, street signs, power poles or green power domes
- Place any items on vacant land or public reserves as penalties apply for illegal dumping
- Place commercial waste on your verge or place waste on commercial property verges – it will not be collected
Bulk Waste Verge Collections
Not everything can be disposed of through your bulk waste verge collection. For information on what items do not go into any of your bins or your bulk verge collections, and how you can dispose of them responsibly, visit our Waste Items for Drop Off page.
What Will Be Collected
- Up to 2 cubic metres
- Items up to 1.5 metres in length
- General bulk waste
- Timber furniture
- Trampolines and swing sets (disassembled)
Please place these items in separate piles
- White goods (fridge and freezer doors must be removed)
What Will Not be Collected
- Bean bags or polystyrene balls
- Building materials: bricks, tiles, sand, cement, insulation, plasterboard, concrete products, asbestos, fencing
- Car bodies, parts or tyres
- Food waste or domestic rubbish
- Glass including mirrors, tables and furniture with glass panels, shower screens, plate glass, fish tanks/aquariums
- Gas cylinders, aerosols or fire extinguishers
- Garden organics: leaves, prunings, dug out lawn, stumps, logs. Please dispose of these through your garden organics verge collection
- Paints, chemicals or oils
See our Waste Items for Drop Off page to find out how to dispose of these items.
Garden Organics Verge Collections
Please use your lime green-lidded FOGO bin, is collected weekly, for small prunings, leaves and lawn clippings. Find out more about what can go in your FOGO bin.
What Will Be Collected
- Up to 2 cubic metres of residential garden organics only. We do not collect garden organics on the behalf of contractors.
- Tree and shrub prunings can be up to 1.5 metres in length and up to 35 centimetres in diameter
- Items placed loosely on the verge
What Will Not Be Collected
- Leaves, lawn clippings, weeds or roots. Please dispose of these through your FOGO bin.
- Dug out lawn, sand or soil materials
- General waste, bulk or white goods. Please dispose of these through your bulk waste verge collection.
- Treated wood
- Bagged or boxed items