Children's Activities at City of Melville Libraries
We are excited to be recommencing our much loved Storytime and Baby Rhyme Time programs from Monday, 20 July 2020. The schedules are slightly different and will evolve to meet demand.
We will not be conducting craft sessions at this time but will have a craft to be taken home.
No Bookings Required - Capacity Limits Apply
From Monday 17 August, bookings will no longer be required. Each session has a maximum capacity. Please arrive early to secure your spot.
We must maintain the session capacity limits to keep in line with the government’s Phase 4 strict capacity limits.
For session times and venues check our online calendar.
Join your favourite City of Melville Library presenters for Baby Rhyme Time whenever it suits you! Our online sessions are full of the songs and rhymes that your kids love.
You can find all of our online Baby Rhyme Time sessions on YouTube.
LibraryCraft is a free Minecraft Server for 7 to 17 year olds in WA.
There are survival worlds, creative worlds, three PVP combat worlds, and a central lobby world that connects them all - plus mini games, monthly build competitions and prizes.
If you play on PC, Mac, Linux, iOS, Android, Xbox or Nintendo Switch, you’ll be able to connect.
For more information and to join visit www.librarycraft.net.
Sharing a love of reading, rhymes, singing and talking with your baby is one of the best things you can do to give your baby a head start in life and at school.
The City of Melville Better Beginnings (BB) program offers a range of activities including:
- New parent information sessions on the importance of reading to your baby.
- Baby Rhyme Time and Storytime sessions (currently being held online)
- A range of books, rhymes and songs to share with your baby.
- Special parenting collections to assist you in learning about your growing baby, toddler or child.
- Helping you choose the right books for yourself and your baby.
Parents with newborn babies or two-year olds can collect a free Better Beginnings reading kit from their Community Child Health Nurse.
The Better Beginnings free reading kit includes:
- A free gift board book for your baby from your local council.
- A nursery rhyme frieze and a BB poster.
- A list of first books for babies and toddlers.
- A brochure with tips for enjoying reading with your baby.
- Information about City of Melville Library activities and an enrolment form.
The Better Beginnings Family Literacy Program is delivered through public libraries throughout the state and aims to support parents as their child's first teacher.
Better Beginnings Family Literacy Program is coordinated by the State Library of WA and partially funded by Rio Tinto WA Future Fund.
Social Media Share this pageLinks below open in a new window