Point Walter Reserve is a large riverside reserve offering idyllic views of the Swan River.
Point Walter Reserve is located in Bicton on Honour Avenue.
It's size, natural beauty and abundance of facilities makes it the perfect location for any occasion, from a casual family outing to a large wedding.
- BBQs More info
- Sport More info
- For Hire
- Cafe and kiosk (located near the foreshore)
- Paddleboard and Kitesurfing
- Two shaded playgrounds
- Refurbished tennis courts
- Ample seating and barbeques
- Large foreshore area featuring natural limestone cliff formations
- Abundance of natural shading
- Plenty of open, grassy areas
- Many bike and walking paths
- Boat ramp and jetty
The picturesque Point Walter Golf Course is located within the reserve as well as the Point Walter Recreation and Conference Centre.
When the tide is out, you can walk from the foreshore out into the river along the Point Walter Sandbar. Many people take advantage of this natural phenomenon to snap an interesting photo!
Point Walter Reserve was named after the principal feature on the Swan River, Point Walter, which was originally named by Captain James Stirling in 1827 after a favourite uncle.
Ample parking is available on Honour Avenue and at the end of Burke Drive. Overflow parking for events of more than 200 people is located at Attadale Foreshore, 51 Burke Drive and additional hire charges will apply as part of your booking.
You can hire various areas of Point Walter Reserve for functions and events. There are two dedicated function spots and five wedding areas, including one specifically reserved for ceremonies.
The two function areas are located at the top of the reserve, overlooking the pond. Function Area 1 is the only place you can have marquees, bouncy castles or petting zoos and pony rides.
The five wedding areas are located towards the bottom of the reserve, near the foreshore. Download our map to view the locations. Please note Wedding Area 5 can only be booked for a maximum of three hours.
Reserve Hire Information
Please note there are some things you can't do or bring to this reserve:
- Bouncy Castles and marques may be permitted in Function Area 1 but must be approved and require a permit
- Petting zoos, animal farms and pony rides may be permitted in Function Area 1 but must be approved and require a permit
- Pegs/stakes are not permitted to secure structures or bouncy castles. Weights must be used to secure any structures (such as marquees)
- Bookings are not accepted for Public Holidays, 18th and 21st birthday parties.
- Confetti is not permitted
- Unfortunately, dogs are not allowed at Point Walter Reserve. View a list of our dog-friendly parks and reserves.
- All bookings will be considered tentative until full payment is made.
To check for available dates, please contact the Customer Relations Team on 9364 0666 or use the Hire Enquiries form below.
Once you have consulted Customer Relations, please lodge a booking application:
Fees and Charges
Please note this form is for availability enquiries only. To request a booking, please submit a booking application.