The City has many beautiful and unique locations that are utilised by filmmakers, photographers and students for an array of filming purposes.
Filmmakers, photographers and students who wish to undertake any filming within a City of Melville public open space, need to submit an application to obtain approval.
Depending on the proposed filming requirements and contents, further information maybe required to be supplied so a full assessment can be undertaken. If parts of the form are not applicable to your filming, please indicate this in the space provided.
- A site map should be included showing the proposed location for the filming.
- If you are proposing to take a vehicle onto a reserve, then the site plan will need to indicate the locations that the vehicle will access.
- A copy of the Certificate of Currency of not less than $10 million needs to be attached.
- Bin Hire form (if applicable)
- In some circumstances a Traffic Management Plan or Parking Plan my be required
- Descriptions of the film contents and props.
- A bond may be required and Reserve Hire Fees may be applicable in some instances.
For further information please contact the Customer Service Team on 9364 0666. If you would like to submit an application to apply for a permit, please complete an online Filming Application Form. Fees and Charges may apply, please refer to these prior to placing an application.