The financial counselling service is provided free of charge and is available to all City of Melville residents. The financial counselling service is strictly confidential.
A financial counsellor can:
- help those at financial risk make informed decisions regarding their financial problems and so to gain economic control over their lives
- give you information about bankruptcy, rules and laws relating to bills and debts
- tell you what Government assistance may be available
- explain what you can do if you cannot pay bills, fines and debts
- refer you to other agencies that may be able to help you.
During a consultation, the financial counsellor will:
- focus on providing information and advice specific to your needs
- use all available information about your financial situation to prepare a budget or financial position snapshot to highlight where your money is going
- ask you about your ideas.
Make an Appointment
A walk-in Emergency Relief Service is available on Mondays from 9.00am to 11.30am for Centrelink Consession Card Holders. No appointment is necessary. This service is currently being held at Willagee Library, corner of Archibald and Winnacott Streets, while Willagee Community Centre is under renovations.
You can also make appointments with our financial counsellor on the following days by calling 9364 0661:
- Tuesdays 9.00am to 4.00pm
- Wednesdays 9.00am to 1.00pm
Locations are at the Willagee Library and Blue Gum Community Centre.
Emergency Relief Flyer
Homeless Help Flyer
RUAH Community Service Directory 2018
Calandenia Clinic Advertisement
Calandenia Clinic Brochure
Calandenia Clinic Coupon
National Debt Helpline NDH
When you’re in financial trouble you can call National Debt Helpline on 1800 007 007. Trained Financial Counsellors will assess your situation and provide you with free advice to help you move on. If your matter is more complex, they can refer you to your closest face-to-face financial counselling service.
Financial counsellors don’t:
- Charge any fees for this service
- Complete tax returns
- Provide investment advice (that’s the role of financial planners)
T: 1800 007 007 https://ndh.org.au/
ER Connect Emergency Relief and Food Access Service
The free-call Emergency Relief and Food Access Service is available to support you in identifying and applying for help.
Contact 1800 979 777 from 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays).
If clients are unable to make a phone call, they can lodge an online enquiry here or find out more about the service here.
A WA NILS Loan is a No Interest Loan from $200 – $1500 and can only be used to purchase essential household items and services. To find out how to apply for a WA No Interest Loan (NILS) click here and the online process www.wanils.com.au/about-us/the-process
Please contact our Financial Counsellor if you require assistance with lodging the application T: 9364 0661
Community Directory is the primary search engine between Government, community organisations, and the public.
If you are looking for local community resources.