The financial counselling service is provided free of charge and is available to all City of Melville residents. The financial counselling service is strictly confidential.
A financial counsellor can:
- help those at financial risk make informed decisions regarding their financial problems and so to gain economic control over their lives
- give you information about bankruptcy, rules and laws relating to bills and debts
- tell you what Government assistance may be available
- explain what you can do if you cannot pay bills, fines and debts
- refer you to other agencies that may be able to help you.
During a consultation, the financial counsellor will:
- focus on providing information and advice specific to your needs
- use all available information about your financial situation to prepare a budget or financial position snapshot to highlight where your money is going
- ask you about your ideas.
Make an Appointment
A walk-in Emergency Relief Service is available on Mondays 9.00am to 11.30am, for Centrelink Consession Card Holders no appointment necessary.
Emergency Relief Service on Monday's are currently been held at the Willagee Library Cnr of Archibald and Winnacott Sts - while the Community Centre is under renovations
Appointments are made directly with the Financial Counsellor on following days
- Mondays 1.00pm to 4.00pm
- Tuesdays 9.00am to 4.00pm
- Wednesdays 9.00am to 1.00pm
Locations are at the Willagee Library and Blue Gum Community Centre
Emergency Relief Flyer
Homeless Help Flyer
See our Support For Residents and Ratepayers During COVID-19 page for information on our $15 Million Community Stimulus Package offering and Financial Hardship Policy and Application for Assistance Form.
RUAH Community Service Directory 2018
Calandenia Clinic Advertisement
Calandenia Clinic Brochure
Calandenia Clinic Coupon
Chorus Kitchen (formally Meals on Wheels)
Community First Healthy Meals are available to customers living in the City of Melville
Meals are freshly cooked and delivered Monday to Friday between 9am and 11am.
A vegetarian menu is also available.
Customers may be eligible for a reduction in fees if eligible for Home and Community Care (HACC) services
Community First also provide in home services under the Home and Community Care programme or to customers with a level 1 to 4 package.
For further information please contact Chorus on 1800 264 268 or 9435 1379
Community Directory is the premier search engine between Government, community organisations, and the public.
If you are looking for the local resources, sports club, health and community services to meet individual and emerging community needs. https://www.mycommunitydirectory.com.au