- Lifeline WA: 13 11 14, available 24/7
- Women’s Domestic Violence Helpline: 9223 1188 or 1800 007 339, available 24/7
- Suicide Call Back Service: 1 300 659 467, available 24/7
- Mental Health Emergency Response Line (MHERL): 1300 555 788, available 24/7
- 1 800 RESPECT or 1800 737 732.
Ring if you need assistance with sexual assault, domestic or family violence and abuse. It is available 24 hours a day, every day of the year.
- Sexual Assault Resource Centre crisis line: 6458 1828 or 1800 199 888.
SARC is a confidential service for recent and past sexual abuse, including child sexual abuse.
- Crisis Care WA at 9223 1111 or 1800 199 008 (country free call) if:
- You need someone to help sort out a serious problem.
- You are concerned about the wellbeing of a child.
- You need help escaping domestic violence.
- Arguments are causing unhappiness and problems in your family.
- You are alone or afraid and urgently need to talk to someone.
- You are homeless.
- You need counselling, information or other support.
The financial counselling service is provided free of charge and is available to all City of Melville residents. The financial counselling service is strictly confidential.
A financial counsellor can:
- help those at financial risk make informed decisions regarding their financial problems and so to gain economic control over their lives
- give you information about bankruptcy, rules and laws relating to bills and debts
- tell you what Government assistance may be available
- explain what you can do if you cannot pay bills, fines and debts
- refer you to other agencies that may be able to help you.
During a consultation, the financial counsellor will:
- focus on providing information and advice specific to your needs
- use all available information about your financial situation to prepare a budget or financial position snapshot to highlight where your money is going
- ask you about your ideas.
City of Melville Support During COVID-19
We understand this is a challenging time for our community and we want to reassure you that help and support is available.
Find out more about what initiatives we have introduced to support our residents and ratepayers during COVID-19, as well as links to other relief and support available including the City's $15 million Community Stimulus Package and Financial Hardship Policy
Willagee Community Centre, Corner Archibald Street and Winnacott Street, Willagee.
Make an Appointment
A walk-in Emergency Relief Service is available on Mondays 9.00am to 11.30am, no appointment necessary.
Please contact the Financial Counsellor on 9364 0661. Appointments can be made on the following days:
- Mondays 1.00pm to 4.00pm
- Tuesdays 9.00am to 4.00pm
- Wednesdays 9.00am to 1.00pm
Emergency Relief Flyer
Homeless Help Flyer
See our Support For Residents and Ratepayers During COVID-19 page for information on our $15 Million Community Stimulus Package offering and Financial Hardship Policy and Application for Assistance Form.
RUAH Community Service Directory 2018
Calandenia Clinic Advertisement
Calandenia Clinic Brochure
Calandenia Clinic Coupon
Chorus Kitchen (formally Meals on Wheels)
Community First Healthy Meals are available to customers living in the City of Melville
Meals are freshly cooked and delivered Monday to Friday between 9am and 11am.
A vegetarian menu is also available.
Customers may be eligible for a reduction in fees if eligible for Home and Community Care (HACC) services
Community First also provide in home services under the Home and Community Care programme or to customers with a level 1 to 4 package.
For further information please contact Chorus on 1800 264 268 or 9435 1379
Community Directory is the premier search engine between Government, community organisations, and the public.
If you are looking for the local resources, sports club, health and community services to meet individual and emerging community needs. https://www.mycommunitydirectory.com.au