Intermittent Issues - Phones and Live Chat

We are currently experiencing intermittent issues with our phones and Live Chat and there may be a delay in our response times.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Close alert

Financial Counselling

Financial Counselling

The financial counselling service is provided free of charge and is available to all City of Melville residents. The financial counselling service is strictly confidential.

A financial counsellor can:

  • help those at financial risk make informed decisions regarding their financial problems and so to gain economic control over their lives
  • give you information about bankruptcy, rules and laws relating to bills and debts
  • tell you what Government assistance may be available
  • explain what you can do if you cannot pay bills, fines and debts
  • refer you to other agencies that may be able to help you.

During a consultation, the financial counsellor will:

  • focus on providing information and advice specific to your needs
  • use all available information about your financial situation to prepare a budget or financial position snapshot to highlight where your money is going
  • ask you about your ideas.

Make an Appointment

A walk-in Emergency Relief Service is available on Mondays from 9.00am to 11.30am for Centrelink Consession Card Holders. No appointment is necessary. This service is currently being held at Willagee Library, corner of Archibald and Winnacott Streets, while Willagee Community Centre is under renovations. 

You can also make appointments with our financial counsellor on the following days by calling 9364 0661:

  • Tuesdays 9.00am to 4.00pm
  • Wednesdays 9.00am to 1.00pm

Locations are at the Willagee Library and Blue Gum Community Centre.

Emergency Relief Flyer

Homeless Help Flyer

More Information

RUAH Community Service Directory 2018

Calandenia Clinic Advertisement

Calandenia Clinic Brochure

Calandenia Clinic Coupon

Chorus Kitchen (formally Meals on Wheels)

Community First Healthy Meals are available to customers living in the City of Melville

Meals are freshly cooked and delivered Monday to Friday between 9am and 11am.

A vegetarian menu is also available.

Customers may be eligible for a reduction in fees if eligible for Home and Community Care (HACC) services

 Community First also provide in home services under the Home and Community Care programme or to customers with a level 1 to 4 package.

 For further information please contact Chorus on 1800 264 268 or 9435 1379


Community Directory

Community Directory is the premier search engine between Government, community organisations, and the public.

If you are looking for the local resources, sports club, health and community services to meet individual and emerging community needs.


Social Media Share this pageLinks below open in a new window

Was this page helpful?
Page Helpful