Housing and Care Options for Older People

Over 55's Housing

The WA State Government provides information on housing options for over 55’s. To find out more you can:

Home and Community Care (HACC)

The Home and Community Care (HACC) program provides basic support services to eligible older people with a disability and their carers, to assist them to continue to live independently at home.

To receive HACC services, an assessment must be gained from the Regional Assessment Team (RAS).

To start the assessment process you can:

Home Care Packages

The Home Care Package program provides the next level of support, if and when HACC support is no longer meeting your needs. This service provides seniors or people with a disability with higher level needs, requiring care coordination and case management to assist independent living.

For more information or an assessment you can:

  • Visit the website: My Aged Care; or
  • Call My Aged Care on 1800 200 422

Accommodation – Independent Living Support Services

There are a range of housing options available for people who are able to live independently and look after themselves, with some low level of support.

These homes are generally smaller than family homes and are easier to maintain. Some are located in retirement villages with a range of additional services.

Find out more through our Senior Services Directory.

Residential Care

Residential care is for those who wish to stay in a residential setting rather than their own home or family home. There are various residential care options available depending on the needs of the individual.

To access residential care you must be referred to an Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT) by your GP.

To start the assessment process you can:

  • Visit the website: My Aged Care; or
  • Call My Aged Care on 1800 200 422.

Social Media Share this pageLinks below open in a new window

Was this page helpful?
Page Helpful