The City of Melville's social media channels are monitored between the hours of 8.30am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday.
The City of Melville does not accept responsibility for external comments on its social media pages.
They are not representative of the opinions or views of the City of Melville.
Posts may be deleted as determined by the City of Melville’s absolute discretion if comments contain:
- Violent, obscene, profane, hateful, derogatory, racist or sexist language links or images;
- Information that may compromise the safety or security of the public;
- Personal information about any person. This includes identifying any individual by name if they have not already done so;
- Any discussion or promotion of behaviour that is unlawful;
- Comments that threaten or defame any person or organisation;
- Solicitations, advertisements, endorsements or spam;
- Encouragement or glamorisation of the use of alcohol, tobacco, or illegal drugs;
- Multiple successive irrelevant posts by a single user and or group/organisation;
- Repetitive posts copied and pasted or duplicated by single or multiple users/groups/organisations; or
- Any other inappropriate content or comments as determined by the City of Melville.
When interacting with these social media pages, the City of Melville requests that you:
- Exercise courtesy;
- Do not post your personal address or phone number;
- Acknowledge that the City cannot check the accuracy of every post and does not take any responsibility for reliance on posts on this page; and
- Adhere to Facebook Guidelines or other social media guidelines.
By “liking” or following an of the city's social media pages you acknowledge the terms outlined in these guidelines.
Users who do not comply with these guidelines will be blocked from the page at the discretion of the City of Melville.