Kidsport has assisted more than 21,000 children across WA to participate in community sport and recreation in 2018, through almost $2.9 million of funding.
KidSport enables Western Australian children to participate in community sport, no matter their financial circumstances. Eligible youth aged 5 - 18 years can apply for financial assistance to contribute towards club fees. The fees will go directly to the registered KidSport clubs through their participating local government. While the primary objective of KidSport is to ensure all Western Australian children can participate in sport and recreation clubs, its secondary objective is to engage these children and their families in the community.
On 1 January 2018, the new KidSport policy came into effect, changes include:
- The total funding available per KidSport child in a calendar year is now $150.
- All approved vouchers now have a 90 day expiry from time of approval. Expired vouchers can be reapplied for by the applicant if in the appropriate calendar year.
- The Department has commenced direct payment to all clubs across the state.
- Applicant must be aged 5 - 18 years
- Applicant must have a Health Care Card or Pension Concession Card
- An approved KidSport Financial Assessor can assess an individuals circumstance
- Applicant's primary place of residence must be in the local government area they are applying to
KidSport Online Registration