Apply for a Compost Bin Rebate
Residents can apply for a $50.00 rebate on the cost of a compost bin of their choice.
The City of Melville residents are entitled to the Compost Bin Rebate.
To receive a rebate of up to $50.00, purchase a compost bin from a retailer, complete the Rebate Application Form and return to us with:
- A copy of the compost bin purchase receipt
- Proof of address within the City of Melville (e.g. rates notice, driver's licence, utility bill).
- via post to: Environmental Education Officer, City of Melville, Locked Bag 1, Booragoon, WA 6954
- in person at: Customer Service Desk, Civic Centre, 10 Almondbury Road, Booragoon, WA 6154
- via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Download the Rebate Application Form
Compost Bin Rebate Application Form.
Refund Processing Times
Refunds will be processed by EFT or cheque within 8 weeks.
The compost bin is subject to annual funding availability and while stocks last. If the rebate is no longer available when you apply, you will be contacted upon receipt of your application and added to a waiting list for the next available funding.
Maintaining Your Compost Bin
To learn about how to set up and maintain a compost bin view or download the Composting Brochure.
For any queries contact an Environmental Education Officer on 9364 0790.