eMagazines and eNewspapers
True to print. Thousands of titles to choose from.
eMagazines and eNewspapers are digital replicas of traditional hard copy editions - you'll find all the same content as you would in the printed versions. City of Melville Library members have access to a great range of popular titles, all free to access with your library card.
Important information: RBdigital magazines are moving to Overdrive
- As from Tuesday 23 February 2021, RBdigital magazine titles became available in Overdrive's Libby app and also the Overdrive website and the original Overdrive app.
- More information about the changeover is available on an Overdrive FAQ page.
- The standard loan period will be 14 days but can be changed to 7 or 21 days. The loan can be renewed or the magazine issue borrowed again since there are no hold queues.
- Under the new arrangement, back issues will be available for loan from the last three years. With RBdigital, back issues were available from 2014 onwards.
- If you previously downloaded magazine issues through the RBdigital app and wish to access these again, please follow the instructions in the FAQ to set up a Zinio account using the same email address as used with RBdigital. This point is mainly relevant for back issues older than three years since these won't be available for loan through Overdrive.
- After the changeover date of Tuesday 23 February, access to the RBdigital website and app will end on or before 30 April and they may not be updated with the latest issues of magazines.
Looking for RBdigital? As from Tuesday 23 February 2021, RBdigital magazine titles became available in Overdrive's Libby app and also the Overdrive website and the original Overdrive app. The RBdigital website and app will be retired on or before the end of April 2021.
Libby and OverDrive give you access to a collection of over 3000 Australian and international magazines - available 24/7 with no waiting lists!
Provided jointly by the State Library of Western Australia and Public Libraries WA, these digital magazines replicate the entire hard copy edition and may also include extra features such as interactive graphics, videos and much more. You can also access up to three years of back issues (availability varies by title).
Use the website:
Use the app:
Just getting started? Read our Quick Start Guide
Need help? Visit OverDrive Help
PressReader gives you access to the latest issues of 7000 newspaper and magazine titles from 100 countries in 60 languages.
PressReader publications include full text and images and look exactly the same as the printed version. You can also search in back issues from the last two months (depending on the title), read instant translations of articles or listen whilst articles are read to you.
Please note that due to publisher restrictions, a small number of the titles are not available when accessing PressReader on a mobile device.
Just getting started? Watch our 'How to' videos below or read our Quick Start Guide
Need help? PressReader Help
City of Melville Libraries members have access to the digital replica editions of a number of newspapers, including the Australian Financial Review, The West Australian and Perth Sunday Times. Visit our eResources page for more information.