Piney Lakes Sensory Play Park is an inclusive park. It attracts diverse users and is a space where people experiencing disability can play and interact alongside their family, friends and community.
Artwork, sculpture and established trees feature throughout the park making this a unique and special place to visit.
- Toilets More info
- For Hire
Piney Lakes Sensory Play Park, Off Murdoch Drive Winthop WA 6150
Play Park Features
- Seating and grassy areas naturally shaded by trees
- Raised gardens bordering the play areas are abundant with colours, textures, smells and is home to native animals.
- Wide paths and high paths, ramps and bridges around the site offer different challenges under wheels
- Water and sand play areas feature accessible play tables (bring a change of clothes for the water play area!)
- A turtle dome along with connecting sand, balance elements and rollover bars
- A feature balance seesaw
- Little off to the side areas offer quieter spaces such as the story chair nook with pirates map
- Perennial herb gardens (feel free to pick some to take home and leave enough for the next person)
Accessible drink fountain (with tap for bottle refill)
Accessible picnic tables set at different heights central to the water and sand play area overlook the lake
Swings – including toddler swings, an older kids swing, a basket swing and swing with back support and straps
A climbing frame in an amphitheatre offers a quieter space for older kids
A labyrinth with coloured peepholes and speaker phones for three way conversations
Artwork/sculpture feature throughout the site (the letters in the word SENSORY are out to play, can you find them in the park?)
*This is an inclusive space - please consider the needs and abilities of all users.
Adjacent Facilities Include
- Lake adjacent, abundant with flora and fauna, offers relaxing views and water fountain sounds
- Accessible parking
- Two accessible unisex toilets (fitted with adult change tables and LH or RH grab rails)
- Bus Parking
- Coffee van