John Connell Reserve is located between Melville Glades Golf course and Roe Highway, in Leeming.
This reserve offers both active and passive areas for all types of activities. With a total area of 115 hectares, there is plenty of room for all types of activities.
- BBQs More info
- Dogs More info
- Toilets More info
- Sport More info
- For Hire
- BBQ facilities
- Footpaths and benches
- Sport and recreational use; cricket, soccer, archery
- Sports equipment available for sporting events
- Basketball hoop
- Hit up wall
- Hire capacity for private functions up to 300
- Hire capacity for large events up to 2,000 (An approved Event Application is required)
John Connell Reserve is named after former Councillor John Edward Connell (1940-1942 and 1957-1970).
Reserve Hire Information
The Dundee Street end of the Reserve is suitable for private functions including wedding ceremonies, birthday parties and family reunions with a capacity of up to 300 people. Events with a capacity of up to 2,000 people may also be held at the reserve. An approved Event Application is required to secure an event on City of Melville reserves.
Please note there are some things you can't do or bring to this reserve:
- Bouncy castles and marquees are only permitted with required approval
- Petting zoos, animal farms and pony rides may be permitted with approval and a permit
- Pegs/stakes are not permitted to secure structures or bouncy castles. Weights must be used to secure any structures (such as marquees)
- No confetti is permitted
Other important information to note when making a booking:
- Bookings are not accepted for Public Holidays, 18th and 21st birthday parties
- Large functions and weddings will need to arrange for overflow parking on the reserve. Additional hire charges will apply.
- A site plan is required for functions with 100 or more guests.
- All bookings will be considered tentative until full payment is made
To check for available dates, please contact the Customer Service Team on 9364 0666 or use the Hire Enquiries form below.
Once you have consulted Customer Service, make a booking online here.
Please note this form is for availability enquiries only. To request a booking, please submit a booking application.