Creative expressions in public space have been lifting spirits world-wide during the COVID-19 pandemic. Through our Happiness Stimulus Package, a number of competitions, ideas and impacts from creative projects were shared when we asked; how can the City of Melville help spread happiness to our community?
Happiness Appears is a pop-up community art trail providing the opportunity for up to 20 creative individuals or teams to turn their artwork idea into reality and to help spread happiness within our community!
Through this project, we recognise the importance of connecting with our local spaces, places and each other in creative ways. We are encouraging everyone with ideas to apply, from family teams, friends, community groups, school group, individual or groups of artists from hobbyist to professionals.
Check-out the guidelines for all the details.
How can I take part?
- Read the guidelines and make sure you are eligible to apply
- Creative individuals or teams submit their artwork idea via the online application form by Sunday 14 June
- Up to twenty artworks will be shortlisted and the applicant/s will receive a $500 artwork fee, and will be asked to complete an artwork agreement with the City of Melville
- Once the artwork agreement is finalised, artists and can start installing their artwork anytime from the 20th of June, and artworks need to be installed and ready to be viewed by the weekend of 27 & 28 June
- The public will be invited to visit the art trail and vote for their favourite artworks on the City of Melville website, the favourite artwork will receive a first prize of $1,000, second prize of $500 and third prize of $250.
Entries open Tuesday 26 May and close Sunday 14 June (5.00pm). Successful applicants will be notified by Friday, 19 June.
Complete application form
For more information firstname.lastname@example.org
Please follow #creativemelville #happinessappearsmelville on social media for more information.
City of Melville
|Time||9:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
Free to apply, shortlisted creatives receive a $500 fee!