COVID-19 Response Please note that some services have been impacted due to COVID-19. We thank you for your patience as we work through this challenging time.
Close alert

Water Based Foreshore Permit

The Commercial Recreation Foreshore Activity Permit (CRFAP)

The CRFAP is intended for suitably qualified commercial recreational activity businesses or individuals looking to provide water based activities on one or more of the City’s foreshore locations.

This permit is issued for the following time periods:

  • Seasonal, 1 October – 31 May or,
  • Annual, 1 October -  30 September. 

With a maximum term of 2 (two) years. 

  • May include (but are not limited to):

    • Stand Up Paddle Boarding Lessons
    • Kayaking Lessons
    • Kite Surfing Lessons
    • Wind Surfing Lessons

    Please note: hire of equipment is not permitted to take place on the approved site

    • May include (but are not limited to):

      • Point Walter Foreshore
      • Bicton Baths Foreshore
      • Melville Beach Foreshore
    Swan Canning Riverpark surrounding City of Melville Suburbs

    Further Approvals Required

    This permit only approves activities on City of Melville land (not the water).

    Where an activity is being conducted on the Swan Canning Riverpark and/or neighbouring areas, separate approvals are required. This may include:

    The applicant is responsible for obtaining approvals as required for any activities held outside City of Melville land.

    Expressions of Interest are now open! 

    Apply Now

    Submissions close midnight, 18 July 2021.

    Before you apply, please read and understand the following information:

    Commercial Recreation Permit FAQ's

    Commercial Recreation Foreshore Activity Permit Conditions

    Contact Us

    For further support, please contact 1300 635 845 or send an email to

    Social Media Share this pageLinks below open in a new window

    Was this page helpful?
    Page Helpful