COVID-19 Response Please note that some services have been impacted due to COVID-19. We thank you for your patience as we work through this challenging time.
Close alert

The Commercial Recreation Permit (Personal Trainer)

The Commercial Recreation Permit (Personal Trainer) is intended for suitably qualified personal trainers looking to provide fitness based activities on one or more of the City’s reserve or park locations.

This permit entitles the personal trainer to conduct up to 10 sessions (1 session = 2 hours) per week with a maximum of 10 people over all approved location(s).

Personal Trainers may only provide the activities for which they are suitably qualified and that have been approved by the City of Melville. Activities that can be conducted:

  • one on one fitness training sessions
  • gym sessions (with or without weights [max 2KG], fit balls, skipping ropes etc.)
  • boxing and pad training
  • aerobic activity
  • yoga, tai chi, pilates and like activities
  • circuit training
  • a combination of the above

Please note: sale of goods (ie drinks, merchandise, equipment etc) is not permitted to take place on the approved site unless you hold a trader’s permit with the City. 

Location Location Location!

The City of Melville has a large number of parks and reserves that can accommodate fitness sessions.

However, we manage a number of long term bookings and sporting club allocations, which may have impact on your proposed location.

If issues arise, the City will work with you to find an appropriate location.

Please note: Personal Training is not permitted at Point Walter Reserve, Heathcote Reserve, Bicton Quarantine, Piney Lakes Reserve and Kadidjiny Park.

Before you apply, please read and understand the following information:

Commercial Recreation Permit FAQ's

Commercial Recreation Permit (Personal Training) Terms & Conditions

Apply Now

Fees and Charges

Contact Us

For further support, please contact 1300 635 845 or send an email to

Social Media Share this pageLinks below open in a new window

Was this page helpful?
Page Helpful