Piney Lakes Sensory Play Park is an inclusive park. It attracts diverse users and is a space where people experiencing disability can play and interact alongside their family, friends and community.
Artwork, sculpture and established trees feature throughout the park making this a unique and special place to visit.
- Toilets More info
- For Hire
Piney Lakes Sensory Play Park, Off Murdoch Drive Winthop WA 6150 Get Directions
Play Park Features
- Seating and grassy areas naturally shaded by trees
- Raised gardens bordering the play areas are abundant with colours, textures, smells and is home to native animals.
- Wide paths and high paths, ramps and bridges around the site offer different challenges under wheels
- Water and sand play areas feature accessible play tables (bring a change of clothes for the water play area!)
- A turtle dome along with connecting sand, balance elements and rollover bars
- A feature balance seesaw
- Little off to the side areas offer quieter spaces such as the story chair nook with pirates map
- Perennial herb gardens (feel free to pick some to take home and leave enough for the next person)
- Accessible drink fountain (with tap for bottle refill)
- Accessible picnic tables set at different heights central to the water and sand play area overlook the lake
- Accessible roundabout
- Swings – including toddler swings, an older kids swing, a basket swing and swing with back support and straps
- A climbing frame in an amphitheatre offers a quieter space for older kids
- A labyrinth with coloured peepholes and speaker phones for three way conversations
- Artwork/sculpture feature throughout the site (the letters in the word SENSORY are out to play, can you find them in the park?)
- Please note the park is unfenced
* This is an inclusive space - please consider the needs and abilities of all users.
Adjacent Facilities Include
- Lake adjacent, abundant with flora and fauna, offers relaxing views and water fountain sounds
- Accessible parking
- Two accessible unisex toilets (fitted with adult change tables and LH or RH grab rails)
- Bus Parking
- Coffee van