Mayor's Community Champion Awards
The Mayor's Community Champion Awards is a exciting new award category that recognises outstanding volunteers who make a difference in our community.
To be eligible to receive the award, a Mayor’s Community Champion must:
- Either live in the City of Melville, or be involved with a not-for-profit organisation in the City of Melville
- Have made a significant volunteering contribution to the community
Who Can Nominate
- Nominations must be received by the President or Volunteer Manager of the organisation
- Community members are encouraged to inform the President or Volunteer Manager of the award and refer possible candidates for nomination
- There is a limit of 1 nomination per organisation
The 2018 Mayor’s Volunteer Awards were presented at the recent Volunteer Recognition Function.
Congratulations to the 2018 Mayor’s Community Champion Award recipients;
• Heather Timms
• Peter Best
• Denis Waddams
• Johnny Ng
• Jane Herd
• John Marshall
• Steve Gerovich
• Fay Bahemia
For more information about the awards call 9364 0669. Nominations for 2019 will open soon!