Interested in volunteering at Piney Lakes? There are several opportunities.
Bush crew volunteer
When: Friday mornings from 8.00am to 10.00am.
What volunteers do:
- Sustainable garden design and care
- Priority areas: Bat and Black Cockatoo Habitat Restoration Sites
- Regular upkeep of seedlings (mulching, watering, planting, guarding)
- Weed control (learn what weeds are found in our area and help to eradicate them)
- Other odd jobs to assist in bushland restoration, as requested, within the Piney Lakes Reserve.
To book an interview and induction please contact Brian Walker, our Environmental Community Liaison Officer at email@example.com.
Environmental education and community event volunteer
When: Varying times during school hours, school holidays, Wednesday evenings and Saturdays.
What volunteers do:
- Assist Environmental Education Officer to run guided group programs for students aged pre-primary - tertiary
- Supervise holiday and after-school programs for children aged four to twelve years old (varying days and times)
- Assist Environmental Education Officer by guiding bush walks and building tours as alternate activities for large groups. Full on site training provided.
- Event set up and pack down
- Interaction with children and participants
- Assisting with various guided activities such as bush walking
- Collecting water samples, building gardens and worm-farming
- Other ad-hoc duties such as catering preparation.
To book an interview and induction please contact Sarah McMahon, our Environmental Education Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: Volunteers nominating for this position may require a Working with Children Check.
Are you aged 13 to 17? You can volunteer here, too! Youth under the age of 18 (must be 13 years old or over) are welcome to volunteer.
At your initial interview a parent must be present to meet the Environmental Education Officer and sign agreement forms. You will then be inducted and invited to begin volunteering in the above position/s of your choice.
To find out more contact City of Melville Environmental Education Officer, Sarah McMahon at email@example.com.