Donate to our community appeal
Make a donation and help someone in need. This year, we are collecting donations to support women involved in the Wandoo Rehabilitation program. Wandoo is WA’s first dedicated alcohol and other drug rehabilitation prison for women in custody. It offers a respectful place where women can recover and make positive, lasting change with the goal of contributing towards a safer community.
Recommended donations include:
- Clothing (new or pre loved) - both casual every day clothing, and smarter items for job interviews, court appearances, funeral attendances etc.
- Wool – women regularly participate in reparation programs where they knit items such as winter woollen hats and scarves which are donated either through the Soroptimist Society or the Salvation Army.
- Items that you might ordinarily have in a handbag – for example, small notepads, pens, tissues, reusable shopping bags, reusable water bottles
- Toiletries (minis such as the travel range) and feminine hygiene products – all new/unopened
Drop your donations into the marked boxes at one of the locations below from Monday 14, to Sunday, 27 October.
- City of Melville Civic Centre, 10 Almondbury Road, Booragoon
- Blue Gum Community Centre, 33 Moolyeen Road, Brentwood
- Willagee IGA, 70 Archibald Street, Willagee
- Hawaiian’s Melville, 380 Canning Hwy, Bicton