COVID-19 Response Please note that some services have been impacted due to COVID-19. We thank you for your patience as we work through this challenging time.
Close alert

Reporting Crime or Safety Concerns

Reporting Crime or Safety Concerns

  • Emergency – 000 for life threatening situations
  • Police assistance – 131 444 when police attendance is required

Visit the WA Police Force contact page for more information on when to call 000 and 131 444

  • Crime Stoppers WA – 1800 333 000 or to anonymously report suspicious behaviour and crime online or over the phone
  • City of Melville Community Safety Service (CSS)  – 1300 653 643 for CSS attendance to observe and report suspicious behaviour to the police

Anti social behaviour

Anti social behaviour disturbs, annoys or interferes with someone’s ability to go about their lawful business.  The following are NOT anti social behaviours:

  • Children playing
  • Young people walking or sitting together in groups
  • Religious or cultural practice or dress
  • Smoking legal substances in designated areas
  • Parties or celebrations
  • Using public spaces at night, and
  • Homelessness.

If you are unsure if a behaviour is anti social or would like some advice on where to report it to, contact the Community Safety Service (CSS) 24/7 on 1300 653 643 and someone will be able to advise you.


Report the following common types of cybercrime to the Australian Cyber Security Centre:

  • Online shopping fraud
  • Romance fraud
  • Identity theft
  • Email compromise
  • Internet fraud
  • Ransomware or malware.


Visit the WA Police Force Online Services.


Contact Crime Stoppers WA on 1800 333 000 or online at and report what you know if you have information on:

  • Alleged illegal drug dealers
  • The alleged manufacture of illegal drugs or
  • The use of illegal drugs.

You can report to Crime Stoppers WA anonymously!


If you see an offence in progress call 131 444 for police attendance.  You should report all graffiti for prompt removal as soon as you can.  Visit our graffiti page for more information and to report graffiti for removal.


We have processes in place to respond to concerns regarding homelessness. Visit our homelessness page to find out more including FAQ’s and support services.


You can report hoon behaviour on the WA Police website.  Do not put yourself at risk when trying to gather evidence.  If immediate police attendance is required, call 131 444 to report the incident.

Lost or Stolen Property

Visit the WA Police Force Online Services.


Our Environmental Health Officers provide services to residents and help to ensure compliance with the Environmental Protection Act relating to noise pollution. Visit our noise page for more information or to report a noise problem.


Report a scam to the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) Scamwatch program.

Online Abuse

Report the following types of online abuse to the Australian Government Office of eSafetyCommisioner:

  • Image based abuse
  • Cyberbulling (for someone under 18)
  • Adult cyber abuse
  • Illegal and harmful content.

Used Community Sharps in Public Places

If you find sharps (which includes needles, syringes and lancets) discarded in parks or public places call CSS 24/7 on 1300 653 643 and one of our officers will pick up and dispose of it correctly.

WA Police Online Services

Access the WA Police Force online services to:

  • Apply for information
  • Report an incident
  • Check the status of certain reports.

Contact your Local Members of Parliament

Members of Parliament (MPs) are your representatives in Parliament and represent their constituents in a number of ways. Visit the Parliament of WA website to find out about their roles and how to contact your local MP.

Contact the CSS

CSS can be contacted 24/7 on 1300 653 643. The CSS is not a substitute for the police; they are essentially extra eyes for police and work very closely with the Murdoch and Palmyra Police Stations. Some examples when you could call CSS include:

  • If you have been a victim of crime and you would like to request extra patrols
  • To request a holiday watch patrol of your property while you are away
  • If you see something suspicious and you have already called police. CSS can attend and observe and monitor the activity and pass relevant information to assist police
  • If you want advice about safety or crime prevention.  CSS are a 24/7 service with someone available to answer your safety or crime prevention questions.

Visit the CSS webpage for more information.

Contact the Safer Melville Team

Crime problems and anti social behaviour change quickly and can appear without warning which can cause concern in the community. If you and your local community have already contacted relevant authorities (such as police, Local Members, relevant State Government Departments) to report and work through crime or anti social behaviour and it remains persistent and ongoing, then the City is able to get involved to support the community. 

This involves a variety of interventions where we engage with all affected stakeholders to work together to try and resolve the issues. Community support and involvement is essential.  We have a process in place to assist us in determining when we get involved to apply these interventions.   

If you have been unable to address the issues in your local community with relevant authorities, email the Safer Melville Coordinator on to arrange a time to discuss your concerns.

Social Media Share this pageLinks below open in a new window

Was this page helpful?
Page Helpful