1300 653 643 CSS 24/7 hotline 000 emergencies
131 444 non-urgent police attendance 1800 333 000 Crime Stoppers
The Community Safety Service (CSS) is a highly visible, 24-hour mobile patrol service, acting as extra eyes and ears for the community and police
Call us anytime on 1300 653 643 if you want the CSS to attend to observe and report suspicious behaviour to the police. Please report criminal matters straight to the police on 131 444 or 000 if it’s an emergency.
- Provides high visibility patrols to observe, monitor and report suspicious behaviour to police.
- Provides a holiday watch patrol service for residents’ properties while they are away, at no extra cost.
- Patrols hot spot areas to deter criminal activity.
- Provides police with information that may be used to convict offenders or assist in investigations.
- Provides advice and information on safety and crime prevention.
- Detects and reports graffiti, vandalism and abandoned vehicles.
- Assists the State Emergency Service during storms
Working closely with the police
The Community Safety Service works closely with local police, exchanging information on a daily basis with Murdoch and Palmyra police stations. Information from the police is used to target patrols or resources to hot spot areas to help deter crime and gather information. We also share information back to them to help with their investigations.
For security and peace of mind, you can register your property for a Community Safety Service Holiday Watch Patrol at no extra cost. Our community safety service officers will patrol your property regularly during the day and night while you’re away.
Register for a Holiday Watch Patrol or call the CSS on 1300 653 643.
SARA model and CPTED audits
Aside from being visibly present, the Community Safety Service does a lot of behind-the-scenes work in your community to help improve the safety and security of your local neighbourhood. This includes using the Scanning, Analysis, Response and Assessment (SARA) model to assess crime problems and find ways to address them in a resource-efficient way, and conducting Crime Prevention through Environmental Design (CPTED) audits to assess crime hotspots and suggest ways to change the physical environment to prevent the opportunity for crime.
If you’ve received a calling card, the Community Safety Service has attended or noticed a residential alarm or security-related concern on your property during a patrol. A calling card is also left by the CSS after the last patrol of your property if you have registered for Holiday Watch. For more information, call the CSS on 1300 653 643.