The City of Melville is proud to provide grant funding to residents aged 12 – 19 years to assist with travel, fees and costs associated with State or National Sport Representation.
The City of Melville provides residents grant funding of up to $150 for individuals and up to $500 for groups conditional to the following:
- Applicants to be aged between 12 & 19 years.
- Assistance is given for travel, fees and costs (no personal gain should be made by the donation).
- Applicants must live in the City of Melville and have done so for at least 12 months.
- Applications MUST be supported by either the RELEVANT GOVERNING BODY or the State/Federal/Voluntary organisation supporting the activity (letter required)
- There must be a demonstrated selection process, which entitles the person to represent either the State, National body or State School activity.
- A grant will not be given retrospectively.
- A grant will not be given for everyday living expenses including personal development, training, coaching and/or administration.
- The grant amounts are for a maximum of 50% of the total travel costs, entry fees or any other event costs and not for personal gain.
- Where a number of residents are chosen to represent a group, a group donation may apply with a maximum contribution of $500.
- The City of Melville reserves the right to withhold payment until the final cut off date for tournament registrations. At this time it will be determined if an individual or team grant will be issued. Therefore we can not guarantee that payment will be received prior to the commencement of the tournament.
- In the case where a state body is not prepared to receive a team grant the total of the team grant will be divided by the amount of City of Melville residents taking part in that tournament. Cheques will be posted directly to each individual’s home address.
- Applicants who have been successful in obtaining a grant will be ineligible for further support until a period of two years has passed.
- Grants are only issued subject to funding being available. Funding will be split across summer and winter season applications to ensure fairness in distribution.
To apply, fill out the Youth Sport Grant Application form and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org or Locked Bag 1 BOORAGOON WA 6954
For further enquiries please contact 1300 635 845 or email@example.com
Social Media Share this pageLinks below open in a new window