There are child health centres and immunisation clinics located throughout the City of Melville. Find out more below.
Child Health Centres
Child health centres are staffed by experienced registered nurses with qualifications in child and family health.
They provide a range of services in partnership with parents and carers of babies and young children up to the age of four years.
Child health nurses can assess a child's health and development, as well as provide information about many aspects of parenting, maternal, family health and healthy lifestyles.
For more information, including locations, visit the Healthy WA website.
The following clinics provide childhood immunisations:
- Hilton Community Health, 34 Paget Street, Hilton WA 6163
- South Lake Child Health Clinic, 2 South Lake Drive, South Lake WA 6164
- Fremantle GP After Hours, South Street (Adjacent to Fremantle Hospital), Fremantle WA 6160
- Department of Health Central Immunisation Registry, 16 Rheola Street, West Perth WA 6005
Alternatively, contact your local GP.
For immunisation records, please phone the Australian Immunisation Register on 1800 653 809.
Australian Early Development Census
The Australian Early Development Census (AEDC) is a measure of how young children are developing in Australian communities. Like a census, it involves collecting information to help create a snapshot of early childhood development in communities across Australia.
The AEDC is a population measure of children's development as they enter their first year of formal school. Information for the AEDC is collected through a teacher-completed checklist that measures five areas of early childhood development. These five areas, or domains, are closely linked to the predictors of adult health, education and social outcomes:
- physical health and wellbeing
- social competence
- emotional maturity
- language and cognitive skills (school-based)
- communication skills and general knowledge.
Visit Australian Early Development Census for more information. Search in 'Data' for current AEDC data of different areas, including City of Melville.
Social Media Share this pageLinks below open in a new window