As Federal and State directives change in response to COVID-19, we will change our facilities and services as quickly as possible to keep our community and staff safe.
Current State Health Directives
From Monday, 31 January 2022
The State Government has announced that proof of COVID-19 vaccination will expand state-wide from Monday 31 January.
Based on the latest health advice, from Monday 31 January, 2022, proof of COVID-19 vaccination requirements will apply state-wide and be expanded to include new higher-risk venues.
Proof of vaccination is already required to enter some venues and events in Perth and Peel.
From Monday 31 January, proof of vaccination for people aged 16 years and over will be required state-wide for:
- Visitors to public and private hospitals, and residential aged care facilities;
- All hospitality and food and licensed venues:
- including restaurants, dine-in fast food, cafes, bars, pubs, clubs, taverns;
- excluding food and non-alcoholic beverage takeaway, roadhouses, and service stations
- Bottle shops;
- Indoor entertainment venues, including play centres, gaming and gambling, theatres, concert halls, museums, cinemas and live music venues, including the Perth Convention Centre;
- The Crown Perth complex;
- Major stadiums;
- Gyms, fitness studios and centres;
- Amusement Parks and the Zoo; and
- Music festivals and large events with more than 500 people, unless exempt.
Community sport and school-based events, unless at one of the specific venues listed, are excluded from the proof of vaccination requirement.
Venues, staff and patrons will all have a shared responsibility when it comes to showing proof of vaccination, with venues required to take reasonable steps to ensure all patrons are double dose vaccinated, or have a medical exemption.
Exposure Sites and Getting Tested
- People are asked to regularly check the potential exposure sites list which is being updated daily.
- If you have visited an exposure site, you are required to follow the relevant health advice issued for that location.
- See the HealthyWA website for information on how to obtain proof of your COVID-19 vaccination.
- Mandatory contact registers continue to be in place, so remember to scan in with the SafeWA app or paper register when visiting our facilities.