Friendly Neighbourhoods grants of up to $200.00 are available for individuals and community groups wanting to host events which help connect local communities.
The City is keen to support events that promote Friendly Neighbourhoods, through connecting local communities and help build new networks. This may include welcoming newcomers to an area and/or encouraging community participation. Existing community groups such as school and sporting groups are not encouraged to apply.
Eligibly to apply:
- Must be a resident or/and businesses within the City of Melville
- Events must be hosted within the City of Melville
- Events will take place at least four weeks after the grant application is submitted
- Applicants must have completed acquittal from any previous funding.
- Up to $200.00 can be funded per calendar year
- Events must be hosted within the City of Melville on public property. e.g. parks, verges
- Grants are only available to the City of Melville community. e.g. residents and local businesses
- Applicants should allow four weeks from the time the application is received to receive the funds
- Copies of receipts and photos of the event must be submitted within one month of the event to acquit the funds
- Examples of things that can be funded include sausages, buns, condiments etc. for sausage sizzles, catering for street parties, cost to print Friendly Neighbour cards to promote events, coffee van for a street event etc.
- Examples of things that will not be funded include confectionary, soft drinks, presents or gifts.
The amount you can apply for will be determined by the number of attendees expected at the event. As a guide:
- 20-30 people $100.00
- 40-60 people $150.00
- 61 + maximum of $200.00
The following will not be considered for funding:
- Events at the rear of properties (backyards)
- Events taking place outside the prescribed timeline (4 weeks)
- Alcohol and permits to consume alcohol
- Private or invitation only events.
How to Apply
If the project fits the guidelines, you can complete the online Application Form.
Copies of receipts, photos and evidence the event has been promoted to the wider community needs to be submitted within one month of event to acquit the funds. If acquittal requirements are not met, recipients may be asked to reimburse the funding.
We recommend you contact us for support and advice prior to applying.
Please call 9364 0280 or email Janet Armarego, our Healthy Melville Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.