Cat Registration and Renewals
You can register your cat online using our online services.
Yearly renewals cannot be done online. Download and complete the Application to Register a Cat Form (PDF) and submit it with payment to the City of Melville:
- In person at: City of Melville Civic Centre, 10 Almondbury Road, Booragoon, from 8.30am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday
- By mail to: City of Melville, Locked Bag 1, Booragoon WA 6954
Cat registrations expire 31 October 2018 every year. View the current fees and charges and read the additional terms and conditions below.
Registration Options and Fees
|Registration Option||Cost||Pension/Concession Card Holder||Concession Cost|
|1 Year||$20.00||1 Year||$10.00|
|3 Year||$42.50||3 Year||$21.25|
Terms and Conditions
- Registration forms need to be accompanied with your cat's sterilisation certificate and their microchip certificate
- All cats must be microchipped and sterilised, to microchip or sterilise your cat, please contact your vet
- Please notify the City of Melville when any change in details occur (change of ownership, address or the death of a cat)
- Concession rates apply for cats owned by pensioners
- Cat registrations expire on 31st October each year.
Cat Ownership Rules and Regulations
For information on microchipping, sterilising your cat and breeding, visit our Cat Ownership Rules and Management page.
Please note that the City of Melville provides these links and information as a community service and does not necessarily endorse these organisations.
The National Desexing Network (NDN) is based in Queensland but they have a list of vets in WA on their books. The NDN can help residents finding it difficult to pay for the cost of desexing.
For more information visit the National Desexing Network.
Native Arc provides treatment and rehabilitation of native animals.
For more information visit Native Arc or call 9417 7105 (After hours number 0487 922 484).
For more information visit the Cat Haven or call 9442 3600.
The Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Western Australia Inc.
For more information visit the RSPCA or call 9209 9300.
For more information visit WA Rangers Assocation or call 9448 7565.