Intermittent Issues - Phones and Live Chat

We are currently experiencing intermittent issues with our phones and Live Chat and there may be a delay in our response times.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Close alert

Non Payment of Rates - Notice of Discontinuance

If your credit rating has been affected by non-payment of rates to the City, you may need to follow the procedure below.

If a Minor Case Claim is lodged at the Magistrates Court, it becomes a public record and is likely to be placed on your credit file for a period of five years.

If a Property Sale and Seizure Order has been issued against the claim number, a Notice of Discontinuance is unable to be issued. In these instances, a Memorandum of Consent Order is issued instead.

How to apply

  1. Arrange to pay and/or settle the claim with the City. Contact customer service to arrange payment.
  2. Contact the Perth Magistrates Court to complete a Form 57 Notice of Discontinuance or Form 49 Memorandum of Consent Order.

These forms are available online:

  1. Once complete, the property owner will then need to visit the City of Melville and a rates officer will sign the form. The City of Melville offices are located at 10 Almondbury Road, Booragoon, 6154.
  2. The property owner can then lodge the form at the Perth Magistrates Court.

Social Media Share this pageLinks below open in a new window

Was this page helpful?
Page Helpful