City of Melville Deputy Mayor Cr Woodall said the scholarship aims to assist the City’s young talent with their training and encourage their continued dedication to sporting success by giving them support to nurture and enhance their outstanding sporting abilities.
“By providing free access to the City’s award winning LeisureFit Centres for an entire year, we are able to support young Melville athletes in pursuit of reaching their sporting goals with many athletes currently competing on an international level.” Cr Woodall said.
“It was great to see some familiar faces of previous YSS winners, demonstrating the continued dedication and determination of our future adult sporting stars.”
Congratulations to the 2018 Scholarship winners:
- Alastair Bruce Waterpolo
- Alessandra Ho Synchronised Swimming
- Cassia Boglio Triathlon
- Celeste Johns Synchronised Swimming
- Cody Smith Waterpolo
- Felicity Metcalfe Lifesaving
- Hannah Burkhill Synchronised Swimming
- Jack Della-Marta Swimming
- Jane Fruzynski Synchronised Swimming
- Kayla van der Linden Athletics
- Kazia Zenke Synchronised Swimming
- Kiriill Butler Athletics
- Lauren Hardbottle Wheelchair Basketball
- Lexie Barnetson Volleyball
- Marnie Kennedy Synchronised Swimming
- Ocea Leavy Lacrosse
- Sam McCullough Standup Paddle Board
- Zacharie Boglio Hockey
The Youth Sports Scholarship runs annually and invites City of Melville applicants aged between 12 and 19 to apply during July and August, with supported documentation from the appropriate Western Australian State Sporting Organisation.
For more information visit, www.melvillecity.com.au/yss or call 1300 635 845 | 9364 0666.