The Local Housing Strategy (LHS) was adopted by Council on Tuesday 20 March 2018.
Best described as a large scale research project, the LHS analyses in detail the local issues of affordability, diversity and seniors’ housing. The LHS also explains how crucial it is for the City of Melville to follow its strategy of concentrating housing density around activity centres and transport routes/hubs while leaving quiet suburban areas relatively unchanged.
Other LHS topics include:
- The results of the 2016 Housing Needs Survey
- Demographic analysis of every suburb
- Housing mix analysis for every suburb
- Environmentally sensitive housing design
- Multiple dwelling (apartment) building issue analysis
We’re proud of our LHS and we’re excited about the future of Melville!
Please get in touch with Will Schaefer, Strategic Urban Planner, on 9364 0642 or firstname.lastname@example.org should you have any query.
Social Media Share this pageLinks below open in a new window