Throughout 2019 and 2020, we partnered with urban strategy firm Element to deliver the At Canning Bridge social research and place planning project. Our aim was to gain a deeper understanding of the precinct, and the priorities and future aspirations of the local community, businesses, visitors and strategic stakeholders.
Key themes from the engagement included:
- More access to facilities, programming and infrastructure to enhance outdoor recreation.
- Better accessibility and movement across and around Canning Highway.
- A broader range of hospitality offerings that would bring people together and cater for a wider age group.
- Improved integration of activities and programming to accommodate all ages.
- Access to information and engagement opportunities in planning decisions.
Read the full report
- Activation of the Cirque Community Space, the City’s newest community facility on the ground floor of the Cirque Apartments, Kishorn Road, Mount Pleasant.
- Landscape upgrades around the Tivoli centre and engagement on precinct streetscapes