Included below is information on how to make an effective submission or comment as part of a City of Melville Community Consultation.
What to include
- Make sure your submission is concise and clear.
- List your points according to the relevant subject, sections and page numbers found in the City's plan.
- Indicate the strategies and recommendations you agree with, as well as those with which you disagree, giving your reasons and sources of information.
- Constructive suggestions are most useful.
Importantly, make sure your submission is received before 4.00pm on the closing date.
If a submission is marked confidential, the author will remain anonymous in the published analysis of public submissions document and will be released with the final management plan.
Criteria for assessing submissions
A draft plan will be reviewed in light of received submissions, as per the criteria as listed below.
The draft plan will be amended if a submission:
- Provides additional resource information of direct relevance to management and the scope of the plan.
- Provides additional information on affected user groups of direct relevance to management.
- Indicates a change in or clarifies government legislation, management commitment or management policy.
- Proposes strategies that would better achieve management goals or objectives.
- Indicates omission, inaccuracies or a lack of clarity.
The draft plan will not be amended if a submission:
- Clearly supports the draft proposal.
- Offers a neutral statement or no change is sought.
- Addresses issues beyond the scope of the plan.
- Makes points which are already in the plan or were considered during plan preparation.
- Is one of several widely divergent viewpoints received on the topic and the recommendations of the draft plan is still considered the best option.
- Contributes options which are not feasible.
All submissions will be summarised according to topics discussed, including an indication of how the plan was amended (or not) in response to the submission.
Social Media Share this pageLinks below open in a new window