Highway to Hell is being staged along the Canning Highway on 1 March 2020, in partnership with the City of Melville, City of Fremantle and Town of East Fremantle and presents a once-in-a-generation opportunity for residents to ‘reclaim’ the Canning Highway for a day of live performances and other exciting and family-friendly activities.
Taking inspiration from the AC/DC song of the same name, Highway to Hell will involve closing a 10km stretch of the Canning Highway from Canning Bridge in Applecross to Queen Victoria St in Fremantle (the old traffic bridge) to create the world’s longest stage and Perth’s playground for a day.
- Date: Sunday 1 March 2020
- Key event times: 3pm – 9.30pm
- Venue: Canning Hwy, Canning Bridge, Applecross to Queen Victoria St, Fremantle
Throughout the event entertainment will be happening all along the highwayand with the program split into four key zones:
- The Canning Bridge zone – Canning Bridge to Riseley St, Applecross, 4pm -7pm
- The Tompkins Park zone – Tompkins Park, Alfred Cove, 3pm – 8pm
- The Valley zone – Stock Rd to Petra Street, Palmyra, 4pm – 8.30pm
- The Rainbow zone – May St, East Fremantle to the Rainbow between the bridges in Fremantle, 4pm – 9.30pm
Activities begin in all zones at 4pm and the performance trucks roll out from 5pm from Canning Bridge but patrons are welcome to come down and find a spot anytime from 3pm.
The Festival is working closely with the above local governments and the State Government through the Public Transport Authority, Main Roads WA, West Australian Police and other relevant agencies to ensure the event is safe and enjoyable for all and that there is minimal impact on residents and businesses.
Highway to Hell is an event that brings some wonderful leveraging opportunities for your business, whether it be in the lead up to the event or on the day. To help inspire and support you, we have put together a Business Kit with practical information and tips, marketing ideas and materials.
- Highway to Hell - Event ready information for businesses (see below)
- Highway to Hell - FAQs (see below)
- Highway to Hell - Poster Print version A3 or A4 (see below)
- Highway to Hell - Posters downloadable versions here
- Highway to Hell - Some printed A3 posters will also be available from the City of Melville. Please email Joanna.Arbel@melville.wa.gov.au
Social Media Share this pageLinks below open in a new window