Lodge and Track Planning Applications

Planning Applications

Applications you can submit and track online

You can submit and track the following planning applications online. 

Simply follow the step-by-step process and make sure you attach all documents required to accurately assess your application. Hint: Check the size of the documents you are attaching, the larger the document the longer the process may take to upload your files, which may require some patience. If the total for all attachments (10 per application) exceeds 150MB, please contact Planning administration 9364 0111.

Applications You Must Submit by Post or in Person

At this stage the following applications must be submitted by post or in person:

  • Amendments to previous Planning Approvals
  • Change of Use
  • Gaming Permits
  • Subdivision Clearances
  • Street Renumbering
  • Home Occupation and Home Business
  • Modification / Extinguishment of Restrictive Covenants.

For these applications, complete the City's Planning Application Form (PDF) and submit it:

  • By Post: to City of Melville Planning Services, Locked Bag 1, Booragoon WA 6954; or
  • In Person: at the City of Melville offices,10 Almondbury Road, Booragoon.

Track Your Planning Application

Frequently Asked Questions

If you are about to start a new project and you have not lodged an application with us before, please consider the following information prior to submitting your application.

Do I need approval or permits?

Some projects will need planning approval as well as a building permit. Use the following links to find out what your requirements are:

What is required for the application?

1. Once you have arranged planning approval if required, and need to apply for a building permit, download an application form from the WA Building Commission.

Please refer to 'Building forms, fact sheets and FAQs' to find out requirements for the following:

  • Fit-outs
  • Front fence
  • Residential and non-residential development
  • Outbuildings
  • Patios and pergolas
  • Signs
  • Smoke alarms
  • Swimming pools
  • Unauthorised building works

For demolition permits, please see our Demolition Permit page.

Your application must be accompanied by a Certificate of Title and a Diagram of Survey.

Tree protection Zone - For Building and Demolition Applications where the the value of works exceeds $20,000, please ensure that you read City of Melville Street Tree Policy - CP-029 prior to lodgement.

Developments must be substantially commenced within two years for Building and Planning Approvals.

How much will it cost?

Full Payment is required at the time of lodgement of an application with the City of Melville.

To find out what fees you might incur, download our Fees and Charges Schedule.

You can also check the cost of an application pre - lodgement by using the online Fee Calculator.

Social Media Share this pageLinks below open in a new window

Was this page helpful?
Page Helpful