If you are about to start a new project and you have not lodged an application with us before then please consider the following information prior to submitting your application.
Before you start the process take a moment to view our current fact sheets and forms for information on what you will be required to submit with your application and a guide to how much it is going to cost. Please make sure you select the correct application type for your project.
- Your application MUST be accompanied by a Certificate of Title AND a Diagram of Survey (these documents are separate and can be obtained from Landgate).
- If your development requires a Planning Approval, you MUST obtain this prior to lodging an application for a Building Permit
- Tree Protection Zone - For Building and Demolition Applications where the value of works exceeds $20 000.00, please ensure that you read City of Melville Street Tree Policy - CP-029 prior to lodgement.
- Developments must be substantially commenced within two years for Building and Planning Approvals.
The City of Melville receive planning and building applications online. This option is available to City of Melville customers and residents and it is our preferred choice for submissions.
Follow the step-by-step process, making sure you attach all documents required to accurately assess your application. Check the size of the documents that you are attaching, the larger the document the longer the process may take to upload your files, this may require some patience. If the total for all attachments exceeds 10MB, please contact Planning Administration on 08 9364 0111 for alternate options.
All fees are payable at time of lodgement of application.
Lodge a Building Permit
Certified Building Permits
Please remember to attach your Certificate of Design Compliance to all Certified applications
- BA1 - Application for Building Permit Certified (Classes 1 or 10)
- BA1 - Application for Building Permit Certified (Classes 2 - 9)
- BA1 - Application for Building Permit Certified Swimming Pool
- BA5 - Application for Demolition Permit Certified (Classes 1 or 10)
- BA5 - Application for Demolition Permit Certified (Classes 2 - 9)
- BA9 – Application for Occupancy Permit
- BA9 – Application for Occupancy Permit Unathorised
- BA11 – Application for Occupancy Permit Strata
Uncertified Building Permits
- BA2 - Application for Building Permit Uncertified
- BA2 - Application for Building Permit Uncertified Swimming Pool
- BA2 - Application for Building Permit Uncertified Signs (Panel)
- Track Your Building Application with an Application Number
- Track Your Building Application that has been lodged in Online Services
In Person or By Post
Complete Building Applications can be lodged in person over the counter (City of Melville Civic Centre, 10 Almondbury Road, Booragoon WA 6154). Please download a Building Permit application form directly from the Building Commissions website.
View the Schedule of Fees and Charges.
Please note: All fees are payable at time of lodgement of application.
You can lodge an application via post at: City of Melville, Locked Bag 1, Booragoon WA 6954