City of Melville Strategic Plans
The City has long-range strategies that guide the way our built-environment, homes, business and open spaces will look into the future and provide for future needs.
- Local Planning Strategy - a 20 year vision preparing for anticipated population growth, focussed on increasing density in and around activity centres, transport nodes and along public transport corridors.
- Local Commercial Activity Centres Strategy - a strategic document that considers the current and future capacity for local commercial centres within the City of Melville.
- Public Spaces Strategy - high quality public spaces are vital components of healthy and liveable neighbourhoods. The Public Spaces Strategy recommends that the City needs to improve the quality, useability, amenity, comfort, sustainability, variety, safety and accessibility of public spaces.
For more details on specific plans and development hubs, see our Future Vision page.
West Australian Strategic Plans
- The Western Australian Planning Commission website contains information on the State Planning Framework such as Residential Design Codes, Development Control Policies, and Planning Bulletins.
- The State Law Publisher website contains all Western Australian Acts and Subsidiary documents including the Planning and Development Act 2005 as well as Planning and Development (Local Planning Schemes) Regulations 2015