A request for Written Planning Advice can be lodged with the City. Written Planning Advice is an opportunity for information to be sought in respect of some or all of the following:
- Development Approval history;
- Zoning queries;
- Planning policy advice; and
- Confirmation whether Development Approval is required.
Applications for Written Planning Advice must be lodged via email to email@example.com. A fee of $73 must be made along with providing the following:
- A written request/cover letter outlining the specific advice or information being requested;
- Written Planning Advice Application Form; and
- Where available, preliminary scale drawings such as a site plan, floor plans and elevations More detailed drawings will enable the City to properly assess the proposal and give practical feedback).
On receipt of the request for written planning advice, a Planning Officer will carry out an assessment and provide a response via email. The City endeavours to respond to requests for written planning advice within 10 working days from lodgement. Subsequent advice on additional queries will require the lodgement of additional written planning advice and attract a new $73 fee.
The City cannot guarantee that the requested information will be provided and in the instance that the requested information cannot be provided, the application fee is not refundable.
The advice provided does not substitute the in-depth analysis typically associated with formal assessment of a development application and consideration of any public submissions. While the advice is given in good faith, it in no way binds a decision by the City.
Request for Written Planning Advice Application Form
Lodge and Track Your Request For Written Planning Advice