Requests for Plans and Certificates

Building Plans (Commercial or Residential)

Copies of residential and commercial building plans can be requested for properties in the City of Melville. 

Simply complete the Application to Request Building Plans Form (PDF) and submit it with the applicable fee to the City of Melville. (Refer to the form for current fees, including printing fee if you require a hard copy.)

Certificate of Title

You must obtain a Certificate of Title in order to lodge an application for development within the City of Melville.

A Certificate of Title is an official land ownership record. It provides:

  • Current ownership details
  • Title number (volume and folio)
  • Survey plan number and type
  • Encumbrances and notifications
  • Whether there is a caveat against the title.

You can order a copy of a Certificate of Title to find current ownership information for any property in Western Australia, even if you don't own it.

Order a Certificate of Title and view samples on the Landgate website.

Survey Plans

Survey Plans must be provided with all applications lodged with the City of Melville.

A Survey Plan is an official record of the legal boundaries of land and generally identifies the size and dimensions of a lot. It provides you with:

  • Lot size
  • Property shape
  • Dimensions of lots on the survey.

Order a Survey Plan and view samples on the Landgate website.

Social Media Share this pageLinks below open in a new window

Was this page helpful?
Page Helpful