How to Apply for a Crossover
The portion of the driveway between the front boundary of your property and the road carriageway is known as the crossover.
To apply for a new crossover to be installed on your property, it is important to note:
- All crossover works require approval from the City
- Building and Planning approval does not include crossover approval
- Works performed without approval will be deemed as unauthorised works.
Please see below crossover and specifications.
- Download Crossover Guidelines and Specifications to ensure your crossover design meets specifications
- Once you are satisfied compliance can be achieved, download the 'Application for New Crossover' form below
- Fill in the details required and return the completed form to the City of Melville:
- An officer will conduct an on site inspection of the property and check the suitability of the proposed new crossover
- The applicant will be advised if the crossover application has been approved, or if declined an explanation will be provided
Please note over Christmas/Holiday period:
Please allow up to 15 (fifteen) working days for crossover approvals during the holiday period - 16 December 2019 to 7 January 2020. Thank you.
You are eligible for a subsidy if this is your first crossover for the property, or if it is an upgrade from a bitumen crossover to a concrete or brick paved crossover.
To apply for a subsidy, complete the 'Application for Crossover Subsidy' form below.
Please note: If you want a brick paved crossover, you are still required to have a concrete apron.
More Information and Contact
Please call 1300 635 845.