How to Apply for a Crossover
The portion of the driveway between the front boundary of your property and the road carriageway is known as the crossover.
To apply for a new crossover to be installed on your property, it is important to note:
- All crossover works require approval from the City
- Building and Planning approval does not include crossover approval
- Works performed without approval will be deemed as unauthorised works.
- Download the 'Application for New Crossover' form below
- Fill in the details required and return the completed form to the City of Melville:
- By fax to 9364 0285; or
- By email to email@example.com
- An officer will conduct an on site inspection of the property and check the suitability of the proposed new crossover
- The applicant will be advised if the crossover application has been approved or declined. If approved, City standards, specifications and drawings will be issued directly to you.
You are eligible for a subsidy if this is your first crossover for the property, or if it is an upgrade from a bitumen crossover to a concrete or brick paved crossover. If the Crossover is relocated due to a new construction,these are not eligible for the crossover subsidy.
To apply for a subsidy, complete the 'Application for Crossover Subsidy' form below.
Please note: If you want a brick paved crossover, you are still required to have a concrete apron.
Drawings and apecifications can be supplied for general information upon request.
More Information and Contact
Please call 1300 635 845.